Geography Practice test:
Geography being a important and very vast subject so for practice of you we have become with the Geography Practice test -2
Que-1. Consider the following ecosystems
- Tropical evergreen
- Tropical deciduous
The correct sequence in decreasing order of the Albedo values of these ecosystems is
(a) 1, 4, 3, 2 (b) 4, 1, 3, 2
(c) 4, 1, 2, 3 (d) 1, 4, 2, 3
Que-2. Consider the following statements
- In equatorial regions, the year is divided into four main seasons.
- In Mediterranean region, summer receives more rain.
- In China type climate, rainfall occurs throughout the year.
- Tropical highlands exhibit vertical zonation of different climates.
Which of the statements given above are correct?
(a)1, 2, 3 and 4 (b) 1, 2 and 3
(c) 1, 2 and 4 (d) 3 and 4
Que-3. Dry farming in India is extensively practiced in
(a) Kanara Plains
(b) Deccan Plateau
(c) Coromandel Plains
(d) Ganga Plains
Que- 4. Which one of the following pairs is not correctly matched?
(a) Himalayas Tertiary :Fold Mountain
(b) Deccan Trap :Volcanic fissure eruption
(c) Western Ghat : Palaeozoic fold mountains
(d) Aravalli :Pre-Cambrian relict mountain
Que- 5. Consider the following rivers
Which of the rivers mentioned above joins Yamuna River?
(a) Only 1 (b) 1 Only 2
(c) 1 and 3 (d) 2 and 3
Que- 6. Which of the following are the principal tributaries of the river Brahmaputra in India?
Select the correct answer using the codes given below
(a) 1 and 3 (b) 1, 2 and 4
(c) 2 and 3 (d) All of these
Que- 7. Assertion (A) Most of the East flowing rivers over the Deccan plateau have deltas at their mouth.
Reason (R) These rivers have courses through soft rocks of the Deccan plateau.
(a) Both A and R are true, and R is the correct explanation of A
(b) Both A and R are true, but R is not the correct explanation of A
(c)A is true, but R is false
(d) A is false, but R is true
Que- 8. Match the following
List I List II
(Tiger Reserve) (State)
(a) Malghat 1. Karnataka
(b)Dapha 2. Paschim Banga
(c)Buxa 3. Mizoram
(d)Bandipur 4. Maharashtra
A B C D A B C D
(a) 4 3 2 1 (b) 4 2 3 1
(c) 2 4 1 3 (d) 3 1 4 2
Que- 9. Consider the following statements?
- The light sandy red and yellow soils in Balaghat, Durg and Raipur districts are of alluvial origin.
- In Tamil Nadu, the red soils occupy over two-thirds of its total area.
- The red soils of Burdwan, Birbhum and Bankura are Chotanagpur plateau.
Which of the statements(s) given above is/are correct?
(a)1 and 2 (b) Only 2
(c) 1 and 2 (d) 1, 2 and 3
Que- 10. Which of the following crops cycles are correctly matched with their typical regions?
- Cotton-Sugarcane-Wheat : Western Region
- Paddy-Wheat-Madua : Hill Region
- Green manure-Wheat-Sugarcane : Tarai Region
- Groundnut-Arhar : Bubdelkhand
Select the correct answer from the codes given below
(a)1, 2 and 3 (b) 1, 2 and 3
(c) 2, 3 and 4 (d) 1, 3 and 4
Geography Practice test solutions:-
Thank you and All the best