National Parks In India
The Section General Awareness is a combined mixture of Static, Current & financial topics. To score more in the competitive examination it is important for an aspirant to cover all the topics being asked under this section. So, today we are sharing Best Way to Remember National Parks In India which will help you to know more about National Parks & Wildlife Sanctuaries in India.
This “National Parks In India “ is very important for Upcoming UPSC, MPPCS, Banking Exam, Syndicate PO, Canara Bank PO, SBI Clerk Mains, IDBI Executive and other competitive exams. In many competitive examinations, questions are asked from National Park.
Best Trick to Remember National Parks and Sanctuaries Of India | राष्ट्रीय उद्यान और अभयारण्य
This series of national parks is very helpful for candidates who are preparing for any government examination. Specially UPSC, SSC candidates are asked regularly. This series is very extensive series witch details that can be asked like river in national park or wildlife in that national parks.
National parks in Madhya Pradesh
Madhya pardesh is very important state as it contains good number of national park in north central india. Wildlife found here is of more or less same so we have given first list of wildlife found here with their status in IUCN.
Wildlife Sanctuaries in Madhya Pardesh
|Name of wildlife||Picture||Local name||IUCN status||Special comments|
|Bengal tiger||Bengal tiger||Endangered|
|Gaur||Indian bison||Vulnerable||Largest surviving bovine.|
|Nilgai||Roz||Least concerned||Largest Asian antelope. Endemic to Indian subcontinent.|
|Cheetal||Spotted deer||Least concerned|
|Sambhar deer||Sambhar deer||Vulnerable||Largest deer native to Indian subcontinent|
|Indian muntjac||Barking deer, red deer||Least concerned|
|Barasingha||Swamp deer||vulnerable||Antlers carry more than three tines|
|Mouse deer||Least concerned|
|Indian palm civet||Least concerned|
|Four horned antelope||Chousingha||Vulnerable|
|Black buck||Near threatened|
|Sloth bear||Vulnerable||Nocturnal insectivorous|
|Common langur||Hanuman langur||Pretty much seen by everyone|
|Dhole||Indian wild dog||Endangered||Social animal|
|Stripped hyna||Near threatened|
|Indian giant squirrel||Least concerned|
|Indian flying squirrel||Least concerned|
NATIONAL PARKS IN INDIA (MADHYA PARDESH)
Bandhavgarh National Park:-
- One of the highest tiger population.
- Bandhavgarh means “brothers fort”(Mythological story of RAMA and lakshmana
- Tiger is main attraction.
- Deciduous forest
- Sal tree in abundance
Madhav National Park :–
- Name derived from ruler of Gwalior Madhav rao sindhia
- George castle at its highest point
- Chandrapatha lake(artificial lake)-famous for winter migratory bird.
- Manier river
- Sakhya sagar lake, Madhav sagar lake
Kanha National Park:-
- Inspired Rudyard kliping’s imagination for Jungle Book(MOGLI)
- Moist deciduous forest
- Sal trees and bamboo
- Ghost tree(complete white color tree)
- Open meadow and grassland around sal trees
Panna National Park( Tiger Reserve)
- Famous in 2009 because entire population of tiger get poached due to nexus between forest officers and poachers.
- Ken river catchment area
Pench Tiger Reserve:-
- Teak forest
- Ghost trees
- Pench river
Sanjay National Park:-
- Part of sanjay-dubri tiger reserve
- Part of it went to chattisgarh named as Guru Ghasidas National Park
- Sal forest
Satpura National Park:-
- Adjoining Bori and Panchmarhi wildlife sanctuary-it is central higgland ecosystem.
- Terrain is extremely rugged and cosists of sandstone peaks, narrow george
- Ravine and dense forest
- Dhoopgarh peak
Van Vihar National Park:-
- Wildlife in captivity(like a zoo)
Mandla Plant Fossil Park:-
- Plan fossils
- Fossils of mollusk in narmada rift
Ghughu Fossil Park
We have tried our best to cover each national park and their important parts and wildlife. This series of national parks will be short notes for prelims in UPSC and SSC.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.