History questions has been playing very vital role in every exams. Candidates find these questions of history very relatable but find difficulty in answering history questions because of lack of practice so we are providing reliable and good quality set of history questions
Candidates who are preparing for different examination these History questions are very useful to know how well the preparation is going on. So here is set of some Indian History questions.
Set of general knowledge questions on History.
Q –1 Match the following.
(A) Time take by the earth to orbit the sun.
(B) calculation of the value opf pie.
(C) Invention of the digit zero.
(D) The game of snakes and ladders.
A B C D
(A) 2 4 1 3
(B) 1 3 2 4
(C) 2 3 1 4
(D) 1 4 2 3
Q –2 Consider the following foreign visitors to India
(3) Hiuen Tsang
The correct chronological order of these person visited India is
(A) 4, 3, 1, 2
(B) 2, 4, 3, 1
(C) 4, 2, 3, 1
(D) 1, 2, 4, 3
Q –3 Which of the following statements regarding Indo–Islamic architecture is correct.
(1) Indo–Islamic architecture is conventionally categorized into the imperial style, provincial style, the Mughal style and the Deccan style.
(2) Religious necessities developed architectural building like mosques for daily prayers the jama masjids, Tombs, dargahs, minars, etc, were constructed over a period of time.
Select correct statement given above
(A) Only 1
(B) Only 2
(C) Both 1 and 2
(D) Neither 1 nor 2
Q –4 Which of the following statement regarding cultural building is not right?
(1) Dargah : Shrine of a sufi saint, where the saint grave called mazar is located
(2) Haman : Turkish public bath for massage and sauna
(3) Chahar Bagh : A square, walled garden divided into our by intersecting water channels.
(4) Quila–i–Kuhna Masjid : Built by Jhangir
Q –5 What is the correct chronological order of the following events?.
(1) Transfer of capital from Calcutta to Delhi.
(2) The Congress split at surat.
(3) The partition of Bengal.
(4) The establishment of the Home Rule League.
Select the correct answer using the code given below.
(A) 1, 2, 4, 3
(B) 3, 1, 4, 3
(C) 3, 2, 1, 4
(D) 3, 2, 4, 1
Q –6 which among the following was the most, immediate factor for the spreads of swadeshi and boycott of foreign goods during the first decade’s the last century?
(A) Curzon’s design to curtail the sphere of local self–government.
(B) Curzon’s attempt to control the universities.
(C) Curzon’s plan to curb the growing popularity of the Indian National congress.
(D) Curzon’s partition of Bengal.
Q –7 Which one among the following was not a demand of the early congress (1885–1905)?
(A) Indianization of the superion grades of the administrative services.
(B) purna swaraj complete indepen dence.
(C) Abolition of the Arms Act.
(D) Autonomy within the empire.
Q –8 Who among the following pioneered Khilafat movement?
(A) Sir Syed Ahmed Khan
(B) M.A Jinnah
(C) Mahatma Gandi
(D) Ali Brothers.
Q –9 During the freedom struggle, who among the following started the central Hindu School?
(A) Annie Besant
(B) Bhikaji came
(C) M G Ranade
(D) Madan Mohan Malaviya
Q –10 Which of the following statement is incorrect
(1) The cripps proposals include the provision for full independence for India.
(2) Creation of constitution making body was foremost proposal of cripps mission.
Select incorrect statement
(A) only 2
(B) only 3
- Ans– (C)
- Ans– (C) explanation– Alberuni came in India with Mohammad Ghazni. Fa–hein visted India during ChandraguptaII period and Hiuen Tsang visitsd in Harshvardan period megasthenese was a Greek ambassador to the court of Chandragupta mourya.
- Ans– (C) explanation– Imperial style is related to Delhi sultanate, the provincial style is related o Mardu, Gujarat Bengal and Jaunpur where the Mughal style is related to Delhi, Agra and Lahore caprital city of Mughals and the Deccani style is of Bijapur and Golconda.
- Ans– (4) explanation– Quila–i–Kuhna Masjid is Built by Humayun or Sher Shah between 1530 and 1545 in Delhi. It is located inside purana quila in Delhi.
- Ans– (C)explanation– Capital transfer from Calcutta to Delhi in 1911 Congress was split in 1907 Bengal partition took place in 1905. Home rule league was established in 1916 by Tilak and Annie Besant.
- Ans– (D)explanation– Bengal partition took place in 1905 during the reign of Lord Corzon that angered the General consciousness of Bengalis.
- Ans– (B)explanation– Purna swaraj a complete independence was demanded in 1929 congress session at Lahore.
- Ans– (D)explanation– Khilafat movement committee was formed on 23 Nov, 1919, Gandhiji was appointed its chairman. In India this movement was led by Maullah Mohammad Ali and Shaukat Ali.
- Ans– (A) explanation– Annie Besant established the central Hindu school at varanasi.
- Ans– (A)explanation– Cripps proposal came in March, 1942.