Basic Questions of Indian Polity:
Indian Polity is the very constant subject that always appears in the exams so here we are with the basic question of Polity.
Q –1 The recommendations of the Ashok Mehta committee on panchayati Raj institution.
(1) Creation of two–tier system
(2) Reservation of seats for SCs and STs
(3) Compulsory powers of taxation to panchayati Raj institutions.
(4) Open participation of political parties in panchayat.
(A) 1 and 4
(B) 2 and 4
(C) All of the above
(D) None of the above.
Q–2 Consider the following statement regarding Balwant ray Mehta committee on the panchayati Raj. committee reported some recommendation are
(1) Establishment of a three – tier panchayti Raj system.
(2) The village panchayat should be constituted with directly elected representatives.
(3) Panchayat Samiti and Zila parishad should be constituted with directly elected representaives.
(4) The panchayat Samiti should be the executive body while the zila parishad should be the advisory coordinating and supervisory body.
Select the correct statement
(A) 1, 2, 3
(B) 2 and 4
(C) 4 only
(D) All of the above.
Q–3 Which of the following statement regarding Panchayati Raj system is correct
(1) Rajasthan was the first state to established the institution of panchayati Raj
(2) The scheme of Panchayati Raj was inaugurated by the then prime minister Pt Jawahar Lal Nehru on oct 2, 1959. in Nagaur district.
(3) Rajasthan adopted three tier–system.
(4) Balwant Raj Mehta committee recommended for Naya Panchayat as a separate bodies.
Which of the following statements is/are correct
(A) 1 2 and 3
(B) 2 and 3
(C) 3 and 4
(D) 1, 2, 3 and 4.
Q–4 Which of the following statements is not correct about Panchayati Raj reform?
(1) G.V.K Rao was appointed by the planning commission in 1985 recommended for the creation of of district Development Commissioner as the chief executive officer of the zila parishad.
(2) B.R Mehta, recommended for the constitutional status to panchayat samitis
Select incorrect statement
(A) only 1
(B) only 2
(C) 1 and 2 both
(D) None of the above.
Q –5 Eleventh schedule of Indian constitution is related with
(B) Antidefection laws
(C) Urban local Government
(D) Panchayat Raj development
Q –6 Article 243 to Article 243(O) deals with
(A) The panchayats.
(B) The Municipalities.
(C) Only panchayat samitis.
(D) Only Naya panchayat.
Q–7 Which of the following is correct about urban local Government in India.
(A) 12th schedule deals with municipalities listed 18 function.
(B) Part XI-A of constitution is related to municipalities.
(C) Ministry of urban development created as a separate ministry in 1985.
(D) The municipalities consists provision of article 243-P to 243-ZG in constitution of India
Which statements are correct.
(A) Only 1 and 2
(B) 2 and 3
(C) 4 and 2
(D) All of the above
Q –8 Which of the following statements in relation to the Election commission is correct
(A) Superintendence, direction and control of elections to be vested in an Election commission.
(B) The Election commission shall consists of the chief election commissioner and such other member if any fined and the appointed by the president.
(C) President may also appoint after consultation with election commission of India such Regional
(D) The Legislature of a state may from time to time make provision with respect to all matters in connections with, the election to the house or either house of the Legislature.
Which of the following statement is/are correct.
(A) 1 and 2
(B) 3 and 4
(C) 2, 3, 4
Q –9 Consider following statements.
(1) Validity of any law relating to the delimitation of constituencies or the allotment of seats of constituencies, shall not be called in questions in any court.
(2) No election to either house of parliament or to the house or either house of the legislature of a state shall be called in questions except by an election petition.
Select correct statements given above.
(A) 1 only 2
(B) only 2
(D) only 1
Q –10 Consider the following statements
(1) Parliament or a state legislature should keep within the domain to it and one should not trespass into the domain reserved for the other
(2) Legislation will be invalid even if it incidentally trenches or encroaches on matters which have been assigned to another legislature.
Select the correct answers.
(A) only A
(B) only b
(D) Both a and b
Q –11 An amendment of the constitution of India for the purpose of creating a new state in India must be passed by
(A) a simple majority in parliament.
(B) a simple majority in parliament and ratification by not less than half of the states.
(C) two-thirds majority in parliament and ratification by not less than two-thirds of the states.
(D) two-thirds of the members of both houses of parliament present and voting.
Q–12 Consider the following statements.
(1) The power of Amendment under Article 368 does not include the power to alter the basic structure of the constitution.
(2) The Right to equality does not form part of the basic structure of the constitution
Which of the statements given above are not correct.
(A) only 1
(B) only 2
(C) both 1 and 2
(D) Neither 1 nor 2.
Q –13 The structure of the India constitution is
(A) Federal in form and unitary in spirit
(C) Unitary in form and federal in spirit
(D) Purely federal.
Q –14 The Right to property is removed from fundamental right part III of constitution by constitutional amendment
Q –15 Which of the following are included in the of fundamental duties in the constitutions?
(1) To Abide by the constitution and respect its ideal and institution.
(2) To safeguard public property and to abjure violence.
(3) To uphold and protect the sovereignty, unity and integrity of India.
(4) To uphold and protect secularism.
Select the correct answer using the codes given below.
(A) 1, 3 and 4
(B) 1, 2 and 4
(C) 2, 3 and 4
(D) 1, 2 and 3.
Explanation of Questions to Indian Polity:-
- Ans– (C)explanation– In December 1977, a committee on panchayati Raj institution under the chairmanship of Ashok Mehta constitutions that submitted its report in 1978.
- Ans– (D)explanation– Balwant Rai Mehta committees report in 1957 was the first step towards decentralization of democratic system of governance.
- Ans– (A)explanation– Naya Panchayats constitution as a separate body is recommend by the Ashok Mehta committee in 1978.
- Ans– (C)explanation–M Singhvi recommended for the constitutional status of panchayati Raj system in 1986.
- Ans– (D)added by 73rdamendment Act 1992 w.e.f-24-4-93.
- Ans– (A)explanation– 73rdamendment Act of 1992 added part XI of constitution that exclusively deals with panchayati Raj system.
- Ans– (d)explanation– Municipalities related function has been conferred constitutional status in India by 74thamendment Act, of 1992 w.e.f 1st June 1993.
- Ans– (D)explanation– Article 324 and Article 328 is related with Election commission and power of legislature of a state to make provision with respect to such legislature respectively.
- Ans– (A)explanation– Article 329 provide bar to interference by courts in electoral matters.
- Ans– (A)explanation– If the legislation is valid in all other aspects, it will not be invalidated only it encroaches the domain of other legislations.
- Ans– (A)explanation– To create a new state parliament needs to pass a law with a simple mayority
- Ans– (B)explanation– It was held under Keshawnanda Bharti case that parliament under Article 368, can not amend the basic structure and right to equality is one of the basic structure.
- Ans– (A)explanation– our constitution divides powers between centre and state, it is written and other factors make it federal in its form. But it tends to be unitary in spirit some occasions.
- Ans– (A)explanation– A new chapter IV to part XII is added by article 300 A Right to property by the amendment of 44thin 1978.
- Ans– (D)explanation– under Article 51(A), to uphold and protect secularism is not enumerated in the fundamental Duties.
All the best