Ayushman Bharat (Yojana) Programme 2018-2022
Ayushman Bharat Yojana .The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi today has approved the launch of a new Centrally Sponsored Ayushman Bharat -National Health Protection Mission (AB-NHPM) having central sector component under Ayushman Bharat Mission anchored in the MoHFW. The scheme has the benefit cover of Rs. 5 lakh per family per year. The target beneficiaries of the proposed scheme will be more than 10 crore families belonging to poor and vulnerable population based on SECC database. AB-NHPM will subsume the on-going centrally sponsored schemes -RashtriyaSwasthyaBimaYojana (RSBY) and the Senior Citizen Health Insurance Scheme (SCHIS).
Cabinet Committee of Central government has approved the launch of Ayushman Bharat National Health Protection Mission (AB-NHPM). National Health Protection Scheme has the benefit cover of Rs. 5 lakh per family per year. This Centrally sponsored scheme will cover all the secondary care and most tertiary care procedures. AB-NHPM will subsume the ongoing centrally sponsored schemes Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (RSBY) and Senior Citizen Health Insurance Scheme. Beneficiaries will be allowed to take cashless benefits from any Public / Private empanelled hospitals. Central govt. will provide payment on Package Rate basis. Package Rates will include all the costs associated with treatment. It will be a cashless, paperless transaction for beneficiaries.
The target beneficiaries of the proposed scheme will be more than 10 crore families belonging to poor and vulnerable population based on Socio Economic Caste Census Data 2011.
Central government’s ambitious healthcare scheme for the poor, would require as much as Rs 20,000 crore in the first year with the number rising to Rs 50,000 crore in later years given the extent of coverage.
Latest Government Schemes – Ayushman Bharat Yojana
Objectives of Ayushman Bharat Programme 2018-2022
- Focus on Wellness of Poor Families
- Providing Medical benefit to Poor Families
- Establishing Health and Wellness centers at nearer distances, So that patients will not have to travel a long distance
Important Points of Ayushman Bharat Yojana
- AB-NHPM will have a defined benefit cover of Rs. 5 lakh per family per year. This cover will take care of almost all secondary care and most of tertiary care procedures. To ensure that nobody is left out (especially women, children and elderly) there will be no cap on family size and age in the scheme. The benefit cover will also include pre and post-hospitalisation expenses. All pre-existing conditions will be covered from day one of the policy. A defined transport allowance per hospitalization will also be paid to the beneficiary.
- Benefits of the scheme are portable across the country and a beneficiary covered under the scheme will be allowed to take cashless benefits from any public/private empanelled hospitals across the country.
- AB-NHPM will be an entitlement based scheme with entitlement decided on the basis of deprivation criteria in the SECC database, The different categories in rural area include families having only one room with kucha walls and kucharoof; families having no adult member between age 16 to 59; female headed households with no adult male member between age 16 to 59; disabled member and no able bodied adult member in the family; SC/ST households; and landless households deriving major part of their income from manual casual labour, Also, automatically included families in rural areas having any one of the following: households without shelter, destitute, living on alms, manual scavenger families, primitive tribal groups, legally released bonded labour. For urban areas, 11 defined occupational categories are entitled under the scheme.
- The beneficiaries can avail benefits in both public and empanelled private facilities. All public hospitals in the States implementing AB-NHPM, will be deemed empanelled for the Scheme. Hospitals belonging to Employee State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) may also be impanelled based on the bed occupancy ratio parameter. As for private hospitals, they will be empanelled online based on defined criteria.
- To control costs, the payments for treatment will be done on package rate (to be defined by the Government in advance) basis. The package rates will include all the costs associated with treatment. For beneficiaries, it will be a cashless, paperless transaction. Keeping in view the State-specific requirements, States/ UTs will have the flexibility to modify these rates within a limited bandwidth.
- One of the core principles of AB-NHPM is to co-operative federalism and flexibility to states. There is provision to partner the States through co-alliance. This will ensure appropriate integration with the existing health insurance/ protection schemes of various Central Ministries/Departments and State Governments (at their own cost), State Governments will be allowed to expand AB-NHPM both horizontally and vertically. States will be free to choose the modalities for implementation. They can implement through an insurance company or directly through Trust/ Society or a mixed model.
- Forgiving policy directions and fostering coordination between Centre and States, it is proposed to set up Ayushman Bharat National Health Protection Mission Council (AB-NHPMC) at apex level Chaired by Union Health and Family Welfare Minister. It is proposed to have an Ayushman Bharat National Health Protection Mission Governing Board (AB-NHPMGB) which will be jointly chaired by Secretary (HFW) and Member (Health), NITI Aayog with Financial Advisor, MoHFW, Additional Secretary & Mission Director, Ayushman Bharat National Health Protection Mission, MoHFW (AB-NHPM) and Joint Secretary (AB-NHPM), MoHFW as members. CEO, Ayushman Bharat – National Health Protection Mission will be the Member Secretary, State Secretaries of Health Department may also be members as per the requirement. It is proposed to establish an Ayushman Bharat – National Health Protection Mission Agency (AB-NHPMA) to manage the AB-NHPM at the operational level in the form of a Society. AB-NHPMA will be headed by a full-time CEO of the level of Secretary/ Additional Secretary to the Government of India.
- States would need to have State Health Agency (SHA) to implement the scheme States will have the option to use an existing Trust / Society / Not for Profit Company/ State Nodal Agency or set up a new Trust / Society / Not for Profit Company/ State Health Agency to implement the scheme and act as SHA. At the district level also, a structure for implementation of the scheme will need to be set up.
- To ensure that the funds reach SHA on time, the transfer of funds from Central Government through AB-NHPMA to State Health Agencies may be done through an escrow account directly. The State has to contribute its matching share of grants within the defined time frame.
- In partnership with NITI Aayog, a robust, modular, scalable and interoperable IT platform will be made operational which will entail a paperless, cashless transaction. This will also help in prevention/detection of any potential misuse/ fraud/abuse cases. This will be backed by a well-defined Grievance Redressal Mechanism. In addition, pre-Authorisation of treatments with moral hazards (Potential of misuse) will be made mandatory
Sarkari Yojana – Ayushman Bharat Programme
The Additional important features and highlights of Ayushman Bharat Programme are as follows:
- To ensure that nobody is left out, there will be no cap on the family size and age in this scheme.
- The benefits cover will also include pre and post-hospitalization benefits.
- AB-NHPM will have a defined benefit cover of Rs. 5 Lakh per year per household.
- NHPS benefits are portable across the country.
- Beneficiaries can avail benefits in both Public and Private impaneled facilities.
- Under this Ayushman Bharat Scheme, Govt. will make payment for treatment on “Package Rate Basis”.
- All the treatment cost will get included in Package Rates.
Source: PIB & Media
You may also like-
- Latest Government Schemes – President launched Solar Charkha Mission
- Latest Government Schemes – MP Government launched ‘Sambal’ Scheme
- Latest Government Schemes -( Ayushman Bharat Yojana) All You Need To Know!
- Latest Government Scheme – Mahila Kisan Sashaktikaran Pariyojana (MKSP)
Download New Pattern Puzzle and Seating Arrangement Books PDF
|A Complete Book on 300 New Pattern Puzzle & Seating Arrangement in Hindi | Download PDF||200+ New Pattern Puzzle & Seating Arrangement Questions (English)| Download PDF|
SBI PO/Clerk | RRB PO/Clerk | Railway Exams | SSC CGL 2018
|S. No.||Exams||Direct Links|
|1.||SBI PO/Clerk 2018||Click Here|
|2.||IBPS RRB PO/Clerk 2018||Click Here|
|3.||Railway RRB ALP & Group D 2018||Click Here|
|4.||SSC CGL 2018||Click Here|