Current Affairs Today 1 June 2020
Hello Aspirants, Here we provide the important and Latest Current Affairs Today 1 June 2020, which have Latest updates of Current Affairs 2020 from all the newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economics Times, PIB, Times of India, Business Standard, Financial Express, Indian Express and all other official Government websites.
If you want to get more marks in Banking, SSC, Insurance, Railways, UPSC, RPSC, UPPSC and other state exams then you should read Our Current Affairs June 2020 for secured your job in Government Sector. We also provide Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2020 PDF which will be helpful for you to crack the exams.
Top 10 Current Affairs of 1 June 2020
Ministry of Tribal Affairs announces inclusion of 23 additional MFP items in MSP list
- Ministry of Tribal Affairs has announced Inclusion of 23 additional Minor Forest Produce (MFP) items and stipulation of their Minimum Support Price (MSP) under the Centrally Sponsored Scheme titled “Mechanism for Marketing of Minor Forest Produce (MFP) through Minimum Support Price (MSP) and development of value chain of MFP”.
- This decision enhancing the coverage from 50 to 73 items comes in view of the exceptional and very difficult circumstances currently prevailing in the country on account of the COVID-19 Pandemic, and the potential of the Ministry of Tribal Affairs scheme to offer the much needed support to the…..Click Here to Read More
NCS ties up with TCS iON for providing Free online Skill training for Jobs
- National Career Service (NCS), a labour and employment ministry project, has joined hands with TCS iON to provide free-of-cost online skill training to registered job seekers.
- TCS iON is a strategic unit of Tata Consultancy Services focused on manufacturing industries, educational institutions and examination boards.
- It provides technology through the IT-as-a-service model, offering end-to-end business solutions.
- “NCS is now offering free online Career Skills Training in partnership…..Click Here to Read More
Centre approves Rs 445 cr for Chhattisgarh under Jal Jeevan Mission
- The Union Government has approved Rs 445 crore for the implementation of Jal Jeevan Mission in Chhattisgarh during 2020-21.
- According to the Ministry of Jal Shakti, the Chhattisgarh government presented its annual action plan for 2020-21 for consideration and approval.
- The Ministry said Chhattisgarh has planned to have 100 per cent Functional Tap Water Connection (FHTC) by 2023-24. Out of 45 lakh…..Click Here to Read More
UNSC extends South Sudan arms embargo until May 2021
- The U.N. Security Council approved a resolution Friday extending for a year an arms embargo on South Sudan and a travel ban and financial sanctions for targeted individuals, with Russia, China and South Africa abstaining.
- The U.S.-drafted resolution welcomes “encouraging developments in South Sudan’s peace process,” including the beginning of the formation of a transitional government. But it also expresses “deep concern at continued fighting in South Sudan” and condemns violations of the peace deal and cessation of hostilities agreement.
- There were high hopes that South Sudan would have peace…..Click Here to Read More
Virat Kohli Only cricketer in Forbes’ 2020 highest-paid athletes, Roger Federer Tops List
- Indian skipper and flamboyant batsman Virat Kohli is the only cricketer to feature in Forbes’ list of the top 100 highest-paid athletes of 2020.
- According to Forbes, the Indian captain had estimated total earnings of USD 26 million (USD 2 million from salary/winnings and USD 24 million from endorsements). Kohli is also the only Indian athlete to be included in the list.
- Swiss tennis maestro Roger Federer has topped the list…..Click Here to Read More
Indian Long-Distance Runner Kiranjeet Kaur handed Four-year ban after being tested positive for doping
- Long-distance runner Kiranjeet Kaur, who won the Tata Steel Kolkata 25K among the Indians last year, has been handed a four-year ban by World Athletics’ anti-doping body for returning positive for a banned substance in a test conducted in Doha.
- The National Dope Testing Laboratory has been under suspension from the World Anti-Doping Agency and so Kaur’s samples were tested in the WADA accredited laboratory in Doha.
- The 32-year-old Kaur will be stripped of the top prize she…..Click Here to Read More
Mohandas Pai to Chair IBBI Advisory Committee on Service Providers
- The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI) has reconstituted its advisory committee on service providers and it would now be chaired by Manipal Global Education Services Chairman T V Mohandas Pai.
- The 12-member panel would advise and provide professional support on regulation and development of the service providers dealt with by the IBBI, according to an order.
- Bharti Infratel Chairman Akhil Gupta, Raksha Shakti University Director General Bimal N Patel, CSB Bank MD and CEO Chinna Veerappan Rajendran, former Sebi ED J Ranganayakulu, former Deloitte India Chairman P R Ramesh and Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs DG and CEO Sameer Sharma are among the members.
- IIM Calcutta Board of Governors Chairman Shrikrishna Kulkarni,…..Click Here to Read More
Arun Singhal Appointed As CEO Food Safety and Standards Authority of India
- Senior bureaucrat Arun Singhal has been appointed as the Chief Executive Officer of Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI), as part of a senior-level bureaucratic reshuffle effected on Friday by the Centre.
- Mr Singhal, a 1987-batch IAS officer of Uttar Pradesh cadre, is at present Special Secretary in the Department of Health and Family Welfare.
- Former FSSAI chief Pawan Agarwal, who was recently appointed as special secretary logistics, after a brief stint as consumers affairs…..Click Here to Read More
Finance Ministry Appoints PR Jaishankar Managing Director of IIFCL
- The ministry of finance appointed PR Jaishankar as the managing director of the India Infrastructure Finance Company Ltd (IIFCL) for three years.
- The appointment comes after the Bank Boards Bureau (BBB), the headhunter for state-run banks and financial institutions, recommended Jaishankar on March 15.The post lied vacant for three years before the appointment.
- Jaishankar served as the executive director of the National Housing Bank prior to this. His latest posting was approved by the appointments…..Click Here to Read More
World No Tobacco Day 2020 – Theme, History, And Significance of The Day
- World No Tobacco Day is an annual event that is observed on May 31st. It aims to spread awareness about the harmful effects of tobacco on health.
- The campaign also tries to reduce the prevalence of the diseases and deaths due to the consumption of tobacco.
- This year, the theme of the World no Tobacco Day is “Protecting youth from industry manipulation and preventing them from tobacco and nicotine…..Click Here to Read More
Current Affairs Today
|S.No.||Current Affairs 1 June 2020|
|1||Ministry of Tribal Affairs announces inclusion of 23 additional MFP items in MSP list|
|2||NCS ties up with TCS iON for providing Free online Skill training for Jobs|
|3||Centre approves Rs 445 cr for Chhattisgarh under Jal Jeevan Mission|
|4||UNSC extends South Sudan arms embargo until May 2021|
|5||Virat Kohli Only cricketer in Forbes' 2020 highest-paid athletes, Roger Federer Tops List|
|6||Indian Long-Distance Runner Kiranjeet Kaur handed Four-year ban after being tested positive for doping|
|7||Mohandas Pai to Chair IBBI Advisory Committee on Service Providers|
|8||Arun Singhal Appointed As CEO Food Safety and Standards Authority of India|
|9||Finance Ministry Appoints PR Jaishankar Managing Director of IIFCL|
|10||World No Tobacco Day 2020 - Theme, History, And Significance of The Day|