Arun Singhal Appointed As CEO Food Safety and Standards Authority of India
- Senior bureaucrat Arun Singhal has been appointed as the Chief Executive Officer of Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI), as part of a senior-level bureaucratic reshuffle effected on Friday by the Centre.
- Mr Singhal, a 1987-batch IAS officer of Uttar Pradesh cadre, is at present Special Secretary in the Department of Health and Family Welfare.
- Former FSSAI chief Pawan Agarwal, who was recently appointed as special secretary logistics, after a brief stint as consumers affairs secretary, moved out of the role earlier this year.
- S Gopalakrishnan, a 1991-batch IAS officer of Tamil Nadu cadre, has been appointed as Additional Secretary in the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO). He is currently serving as Additional Secretary, Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology.
- Rajendra Kumar, who was recently appointed as Director General, Employees” State Insurance Corporation (ESIC), will now be Additional Secretary in the IT Ministry in place of Mr Gopalakrishnan, an order issued by the Personnel Ministry said.
- Meera Mohanty, Director in the Cabinet Secretariat, has been moved to the PMO in the same designation. Smita Sarangi, Deputy Secretary, Department of Personnel and Training, has been transferred to Cabinet Secretariat in the same designation.
- Subir Mallick, Additional Financial Adviser and Joint Secretary in the Ministry of Defence (Finance), will continue in the same department at the level of Additional Secretary.
- Food Safety and Standards Authority of India is an autonomous body established under the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India. The FSSAI has been established under the Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006 which is a consolidating statute related to food safety and regulation in India.
- Founded – August 2011
- Headquarters– New Delhi
- Chairperson– Rita teotia
जीके और दैनिक करेंट अफेयर्स अपडेट हिंदी में प्राप्त करें – क्लिक करें