UPSC IAS Recruitment 2020 Notification
UPSC Civil Services 2020 Official Notification. UPSC IAS 2020 Notification PDF Download. IAS 2020 Recruitment PDF. UPSC IAS Notification 2020. Apply Online for UPSC IAS 2020 Notification Out. UPSC Recruitment Notification 2020. Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) will begin the online application process for Civil Services Preliminary Examination 2020 from 12th February 2020. UPSC Civil Services (UPSC Recruitment) is considered one of the most important governments Exam in India. Last Year, approximately 8-10 lakh candidates applied for Civil Services exam.
The official notification of UPSC Civil Services recruitment 2020 & exam date is out and candidates will be able to fill UPSC Civil Services 2020 Application Form from 12th Feb to 03rd March 2020. IAS / Civil Services prelims exam will be conducted on 31st May 2020 and IAS Main Exam will be held on 18th Sept 2020.
UPSC Civil Services 2020 – Important Highlights
|Exam Name||UPSC Civil Services Examination 2020|
|Conducting Body||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|Exam Mode||Offline (Pen-Paper Mode)|
|Expected Registration||Approx. 3 lakh|
|No. of Vacancies||999(Expected)|
UPSC Recruitment Official Notification 2020 – Click Here
|Apply Online||Part-I| Part-II|
|Official Notification||Click Here|
UPSC IAS 2020 Important Dates
Below, we have mentioned all the important dates which are related to UPSC Civil Services Exam 2020.
|Notification Date||12th February 2020|
|Start Date of Online Application||12th February 2020|
|Last Date to Apply Online Form||03rd March 2020|
|Download UPSC Admit Card 2020||15 Days prior to the exam|
|UPSC IAS 2020 Preliminary Exam Date||31st May 2020|
|Result Date (Prelims)||After 45 Days of the Exam|
|Civil Services / IAS 2020 Main Examination Date||18th September 2020|
UPSC IAS 2020 Eligibility Criteria
UPSC IAS Educational Qualification: – The candidate should have graduation degree from a government recognized college or university or its equivalent.
UPSC IAS Age Limit: – Candidate’s age should be between 21 to 32 years to fill UPSC Civil Services 2020 Application Form.
|Category||Upper age limit|
|J & K Domicile||GEN=37 Year, OBC= 40 Year, SC/ST=40 Year, PH=50 Year|
|Disabled servicemen.||GEN=37 Year, OBC=40 Year, SC/ST=40 Year.|
UPSC CSE 2020 – Number of Attempts (Category Wise)
|Category||Maximum No. of Attempts|
UPSC IAS 2020 Application Form
Here, we have provided important details, regarding the UPSC IAS Online form 2020, which will help you while filling the UPSC Civil Services Application Form 2020. The registration is the first step to apply for the exam. The last date for apply UPSC IAS exam 2020, 03rd March 2020, so candidates will be able to apply online on or before the last date.
How to Fill UPSC Civil Services 2020 Application Form?
- Visit its official website i.e.www.upsc.gov.in/
- Here you select Civil Services Notification link. (Will update soon)
- When you will click on that notification, the Civil Services Exam 2020 registration form will be displayed with the instructions
- You must read all the instruction stated in it
- After reading all the instruction, fill the registration form carefully.
- Upload your scanned photograph and signature
- Read carefully registration form after filling it. Make the correct changes in the form which are required and read it again
- Click on the submit button
- Pay the requested fees for the registration form UPSC Exam 2020.
- Take out a print of that application form for the future purpose.
UPSC IAS 2020 Application Fee
|General/OBC category male candidates||100/-|
|SC/ST/PWD/Female candidates||No Fees|
UPSC IAS 2020 Apply Online
We will update UPSC IAS 2020 apply link after official notification released by UPSC.
UPSC IAS Exam 2020 – Posts
The UPSC IAS 2020 vacancies of the year 2020 have not been announced yet. We will share the total number of vacancies for the civil services exam (IAS Exam 2020) as soon as it is revealed by the union public services exam. Here below we have shared the posts for which the vacancies are offered in two given groups:
|Group A Services|
|Indian Administrative Service||Indian Post and Telecommunication Accounts and Finance Service|
|Indian Audit and Accounts Service||Indian Postal Service|
|Indian Civil Accounts Service||Indian Railway Accounts Service|
|Indian Corporate Law Service||Indian Railway Personnel Service|
|Indian Defence Accounts Service||Indian Railway Traffic Service|
|Indian Defence Estates Service||Indian Revenue Service (Custom and Central Excise)|
|Indian Foreign Service||Indian Revenue Service (Income Tax)|
|Indian Information Service (Junior Grade)||Indian Trade Service (Gr. III)|
|Indian Ordnance Factories Service (Assistant Works Manager, Administration)||Assistant Security Commissioner in Railway Protection Force|
|Indian Police Service||—|
|Group B Services|
|Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Services (Section Officer’s Grade)||Pondicherry Civil Service|
|Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Services||Pondicherry Police Service|
|Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Police Services||–|
UPSC IAS 2020 Admit Card – Download
The admit card for both the exams will be made available on the UPSC website. The admit card for the Main Exam will be released in August 2020. Candidates can download their admit cards by following the steps mentioned below:
- Visit the official website of UPSC
- Click on link ‘Download IAS Prelims/Main Admit Card 2020’
- Read the instructions mentioned carefully and click ‘Yes’
- Enter Registration ID or Roll Number followed by Date of Birth of the candidate
- Submit after entering the captcha in the given blank field
- Print UPSC IAS Admit Card 2020-20.
UPSC IAS Selection Process 2020
The selection process of UPSC IAS Exam is a 3 stage assessment, wherein, candidates have to appear for Prelims, Mains and Personal Interview.
- Preliminary exam is basically screening test in which, over 15 lakh candidates participate.
- There are two papers for candidates to attempt compulsorily in IAS Exam 2020 Prelims.
- The basic requirement to clear this stage is to at least secure 33% marks in General Science section.
- Further, on the basis of IAS Exam 2020 result for prelims, candidates register for Mains exam.
- IAS Exam 2020 Mains will cover 9 conventional essay type papers, 2 being optional in them.
- Mains exam and interview session form basis of candidate’s selection.
- After the IAS Exam 2020 Mains examination of 1750 marks, candidates have to clear the cut off as decided by UPSC.
- Those who clear the cut off are called for Interview session.
- Marks obtained in personal interview out of the total of 275 marks will also be considered while preparing the list of finally selected candidates.
UPSC Civil Services 2020 – Exam Pattern
Here we discussed, UPSC Civil Services 2020 Exam Pattern.Because those students who are not familier with the UPSC Prelims as well as UPSC Mains exam pattern.So you can find below-
UPSC Prelims 2020 – Exam Pattern
|Paper||No. of Questions||Max. Marks||Duration|
|GS Paper-I||100||200 Marks||2 Hours|
|CSAT Paper-II||80||200 Marks||2 Hours|
- Paper I marks will be counted for merit list.
- Paper-II will be qualifying in nature with a 33% minimum marks.
UPSC Mains 2020 – Exam Pattern
|Paper||Name of Paper||Duration||Marks|
|Paper – A||Compulsory Indian Language (One of the Indian Language to be selected by the candidate from the Languages included in the Eighth Schedule to the Constitution)||3 Hours||300 Marks|
|Paper – B||Compulsory English||3 Hours||300 Marks|
|Paper – I||Essay||3 Hours||250 Marks|
|Paper-II||General Studies–I (Indian Heritage and Culture, History, and Geography of the World and Society)||3 Hours||250 Marks|
|Paper – III||General Studies-II (Governance, Constitution, Polity, Social Justice and International relations)||3 Hours||250 Marks|
|Paper – IV||General Studies– III (Technology, Economic Development, Bio-diversity, Environment, Security
and Disaster Management)
|3 Hours||250 Marks|
|Paper – V||General Studies– IV (Ethics, Integrity, and Aptitude)||3 Hours||250 Marks|
|Paper – VI||Optional Paper– I (Candidates may choose anyone of the optional subjects)||3 Hours||250 Marks|
|Paper – VII||Optional Paper-II||3 Hours||250 Marks|
|Personality Test/Interview||275 Marks|
|Grand Total||2025 Marks|
- Paper A & Paper B will be of qualifying in nature with 25% marks(75 Marks Required)
- Paper I to Paper VII will be considered for Final Merit list of UPSC 2020.