Questions Asked in IBPS PO Prelims 2017. Welcome to the Letsstudytogether.co online learning section.The most awaited IBPS PO Prelims 2017 Exam started from today. The exam will be conducted in 4 slots i.e. 9 am – 10 am, 11.30 am – 12.30 pm, 2 pm – 3 pm, 4.30 pm – 5.30 pm. The first slot of the over now. Here we bring you Questions Asked in IBPS PO Prelims 2017 of First Slot which will help you understand the composition of IBPS PO Pre exam.
Questions Asked in IBPS PO Prelims 2017
Number Series Asked in IBPS PO Prelims 2017
- 17, 98, 26,89,35, (80)
Sol- (17 + 9 =26, 26 + 9 =35, 98-9 =89, 89-9 =80)
- 2,17,89,359,1079, 2159
Sol- (2*6+5 , 17*5+4, 89*4+3, 359*3+2, 1079*2+1)
- 3,5,15,45,113, 243
Sol- (13+1, 23+2,33+3,43+4,53+5)
Sol- (7*0.5+1, 4.5*1+1, 5.5*2+1, 12*4+1, 49*8+1)
- 3240, 540, 108,27,9,4.5
Sol- (3240/6, 540/5, 108/4, 27/3,9/2)
Approximations Questions in IBPS PO Prelims 2017
√80.997 – √25.001 * √120.98 + √16.02 =?
55.01 – 345.02/22.99 = 2*?
(184.002 – 29/5) * 29.997 = ?
√(3099.985 / 62.001 + 14.001) = ?
111.999 * 51 / 14.02 = 11.002 + ?
Word Problems in IBPS PO Prelims 2017
- Simple interest on the sum A @ 11% per annum and compound interest on Sum B which is 400 more than A in 2yrs is 140% more of simple interest of A .. find value of A
- Ranjeet has three varieties of rice costing 18 rs. /kg., 22 rs. /kg. and 40 rs./kg. Find the possible ratio in which
he should mix these three varieties so that on selling mixture at 32 rs./kg. he may get a profit of 28%
Spotting Errors in IBPS PO Prelims 2017
- Many food items have now been exempt from GST to ostensibly soften the
- blow on the poor. But an exemption should not be conflated
- into zero-rating, given that no input tax credit
- will be available by manufacturers of exempt items.
- Technology is not to blame, as Luddites would have it.
- b)The notional reality a phone provides, with its replicas
- of social interactions and experiences perceived as the
- only ones to be had, is the bogeyman.
- The Centre has debarred real estate developers for marketing ongoing
- projects that are yet to be registered with the real estate regulatory authority
- in the respective state, as per the Real Estate Act, 2016.
- The Union housing ministry need to get real and reconsider.
- Construction is a key driver of economic
- activity in general. Real estate and construction
- have not been done too well
- and was hit by demonetisation.
- A zero rate of import duty means no protection for the
- domestic manufacturer. Still, a range of information technology products
- came to be selling under Indian brand names,
- competing with products in China.
- Many Indians seamlessly switch from there mother tongue to Hindi
- and English and back. Among the elite and
- the would-be elite, the danger is neglect of the mother
- tongue in the pursuit of the English.
Question (7-8) Which is the errors combinations?
- The city need (A)/an airport that can (B)/efficiently manage (C)/a constantly flow (D)/of passengers and fligths.(E)
- Other than these options
- In India many cable (A)/operators is (B)/offering broadband (C)/services and will after digital content.(D) No Error(E)
- Other than these options
- Nor Error
Reading Comprehension in IBPS PO Prelims 2017
The effects of the worst economic downturn since the Great Depression are forcing changes on state governments and the U.S. economy that could linger for decades. By one Federal Reserve estimate, the country lost almost an entire year’s worth of economic activity – nearly $14 trillion – during the recession from 2007 to 2009.The deep and persistent losses of the recession forced states to make broad cuts in spending and public workforces. For businesses, the recession led to changes in expansion plans and worker compensation. And for individual Americans, it has meant a future postponed, as fewer buy houses and start families. Five years after the financial crash, the country is still struggling to recover. “In the aftermath of [previous] recessions there were strong recoveries. That is not true this time around,” said Gary Burtless, a senior fellow at the Brookings Institution. “This is more like the pace getting out of the Great Depression.” For years, housing served as the backbone of economic growth and as an investment opportunity that propelled generations of Americans into the middle class. But the financial crisis burst the housing bubble and devastated the real estate market, leaving millions facing foreclosure, millions more underwater, and generally stripping Americans of years’ worth of accumulated wealth.
Anthony B. Sanders, a professor of real estate finance at George Mason University, said even the nascent housing recovery can’t escape the effects of the recession. Home values may have rebounded, he said, but the factors driving that recovery are very different than those that drove the growth in the market in the 1990s and 2000s. Sanders said more than half of recent home purchases have been made in cash, which signals investors and hedge funds are taking advantage of cheap properties. That could freeze out average buyers and also means little real economic growth underpins those sales. Those effects are clear in homeownership rates, which continue to decline. In the second quarter of this year, the U.S. homeownership rate was 65.1%, according to Census Bureau data, the lowest since 1995. In the mid-2000s, it topped 69%, capping a steady pace of growth that began after the early 1990s recession. Reversing that will be a challenge, in part because credit has tightened and lending rules have been toughened in an effort to avoid the mistakes that inflated the housing bubble in the first place.
“Credit expanded, and now contracted, and it’s going to be tight like this as far as the eye can see,” Sanders said. “We so destroyed so many households when the bubble burst, there’s just not the groundswell to fill the demand again.” Some are skeptical that the tight credit market and new efforts to regulate the financial markets, like the Dodd-Frank law, will prove lasting. Americans have often responded with calls for regulation after financial sector-driven crises and accusations of mismanagement, according to Brookings’ Burtless.
“But eventually, those fires cool down,” he said. “It’s not as though this memory of what can go wrong sticks with us very long.” That can be seen in the intense efforts to water down Dodd-Frank’s regulations, Burtless said. Federal regulators have already made moves to relax requirements for some potential homeowners who were victims of the recent housing crisis. Even those steps and an unlikely return to easy credit might not fuel a full housing recovery without economic growth to back it up. As Sanders, referring to the growth in low-wage and part-time employment, put it: “At those wages, it’s tough to scramble together down payments and mortgages.”
Turmoil in the housing market has already reshaped the makeup of households nationwide. Homeownership rates among people with children under 18 fell sharply during the recession, declining 15% between 2005 and 2011, according to Census Bureau data. In some states it was far worse. For Michigan, the decline in homeownership was 23%, and in Arizona and California it was 22%. Lackluster job growth has outlived the downturn. A study by the Economic Policy Institute showed wages for all workers, when adjusted for inflation, grew just 1.5% between 2000 and 2007. But the last five years wiped out even those modest gains—the study found wages declined for the bottom 70% of all workers since the recession began. However, some areas have seen manufacturing jobs climb back from recessionary lows, and the energy sector has been a boon for some Midwestern states. One hopeful sign for workers is the shift away from manufacturing growth in the typically low-wage South back toward the Rust Belt states, reversing a movement that was taking hold before the downturn. That trend is documented in a 2012 report from the Brookings Institution, “Locating American Manufacturing: Trends in the Geography of Production.” From 2000 to 2010, both the Midwest and South lost manufacturing jobs at about the national rate of 34%. But the Midwest has seen nearly half of all manufacturing jobs gained since 2010, almost double the increase in the South. For Michigan, the growth was 19%; in Indiana, 12%. Even with that growth, there are caveats. Autoworker unions have ceded ground with companies on wages and benefits, for example, allowing new hires to work for lower pay and fewer benefits than those who’ve held their jobs longer. Unemployment remains stubbornly high in some states, and the jobs created have leaned heavily toward part-time and low-pay work. A study from the San Francisco Federal Reserve found the proportion of U.S. jobs that are part-time is high, as many of the jobs lost during the recession have not returned.
Syllogism Questions Asked in IBPS PO Pre 2017
All remarks are feedbacks
Some feedbacks are words
No word is a digit
Some Feedbacks are definitely not digits.
All digits being feedbacks is a possibility.
All remarks being words is a possibility
At least some remarks are digits.
Some files are boxes
All boxes are carton
No carton is a plastic
No file is a plastic.
Some files are plastics.
Some desks are chairs
Some chairs are seats
No seat is a table
All desks can never be table
Some chains are definitely not tables.
All routes are ways
All ways are paths
Some ways are bridges
At least some bridges are routes
All routes being bridge is a possibility.
Puzzle Asked in IBPS PO Pre 2017
J, K, L, M, N, O and P are seven different boxes of different colours i.e. Brown, Orange, Silver, Pink, Yellow, White and Green but not necessarily in the same order.
Box which is of Brown colour is immediately above J. There are only two box between M and the box which is of Brown colour. Box which is of Silver colour is above M but not immediately above M. Only three box are between L and the box which is of Silver colour.
The box which is of Green colour is immediately above L. The box which is of Pink colour is immediately above the box G. Only one box is there between K and N. Box K is above N. Neither box K nor J is of Yellow colour. J is not of orange colour.
Keep visiting, we will add more questions!!!
Share more questions if you remember!!!
Do share any exam question that you remember a [email protected]
All the best for next slot !!!!!!!
- Static GK Study Material: Jammu & Kashmir | Download In PDF
- September 2017 Current Affairs One Liner : Download PDF
- 50 New Pattern Syllogism Questions and Answers: Download in PDF
- Mission IBPS PO 2017: 800+ Question set for IBPS PO Exam 2017
- 101 High-Level Puzzle & Seating Arrangement for IBPS Exams 2017
- Cloze Test based on New Pattern for IBPS PO 2017: All in One page 2017_ 30+ Sets
For more details click here
Thank you, all the best. and let’s study together.