Diploma in Banking and Finance (PGDBF) Course
Post Graduate Diploma in Banking and Finance (PGDBF) Course 2018. A PGDBF is a one-year diploma course, which provides candidates the knowledge of banking and finance and helps them to build up their managerial and technical skills.
Today banking sector has become the most competitive these days and the Probationary Officers have an important role to play in its success. Banks are looking forward to a candidate well qualified, trained & skilled in banking and finance. Nowadays banks want trained and versed material that is right on target from day one. Currently, IBPS conduct an exam for public sector banks and for others, but now a day banks are increasingly going for Post Graduate Diploma in Banking and Finance (PGDBF) course instead of IBPS. PGDBF course is aimed at training a fresher into an effective banker.The Post Graduate Diploma in Banking and Finance (PGDBF) course is exclusively made for graduates who are interested in making a career in Banking & Financial.
The bank is one of the biggest sectors in India which made tons of job and is developing day by day. In the upcoming years, banks will increase the recruitment to posts of Probationary Officers (PO’s) through PGDBF course. Students who failed in IBPS PO/Clerk have a good opportunity with PGDBF course.Public sector banks and Institutions tie-up is highly rewarding to candidates who crave for a banking career. The PGDBF course will help the students to gain knowledge and prominent skills so that there will be minimal training requirement from the bank level. This course not only provides the knowledge of operational aspects of banking and finance but also builds on their managerial skills.
The PGDBF course will provide an input for the aspirants in the operational process in the modern Banking & Financial system. Aspirants who have passed Post Graduate Diploma in Banking and Finance course have an excellent job opportunity in a range of commercial, co-operative and Regional Rural Banks and financial institutions. Students with good knowledge of Banking & Financial will also have great job perspective in non-government organizations and also in NBFC. Selected aspirants will be trained in various areas of management as well as in the Banking and Finance domain and you have to pay for the training at your own expense for which the bank will offer you the loan at a concessional rate.
The main reason banks are increasingly opting for this mode of recruitment in the recent years is the training you get at the academy will make you ready for the future challenges in your career as a banker.
PGDBF Course 2018
PGDBF Selection Procedure
The PGDBF Selection Procedure of the program comprises of an Online Test (objective + descriptive) followed by Group Discussion and personal interview of the candidates, who have qualified in the online test. The Online Test is Objective in nature.
Eligibility Criteria for PGDBF
- Minimum age of the Candidate should be 20 years and Maximum age is 28 years.
- Graduation Degree with minimum 60-55 % (55-50 % for SC, ST, PWD) marks in any discipline from a recognized university or equivalent qualification as such recognized by the central government.
- Students appearing in final year degree exams can also apply subject to their submitting their Final Degree Mark sheet & Provisional Certificate on or before the date mentioned in notification
Note: – The graduation percentage criterion is varying with banks recruitment notification.
PGDBF course Course duration
PGDBF course duration is 1 year (12 months) and the plan is as follows:
- 9 months – 3 semesters at Manipal School of Banking. (Classroom sessions)
- 3 months- internship /training at bank branches. (Internship)
Fees structure of the Course PGDBF course
The fee for this Course is Approx Rs. 3.45/- to 4.25 lakhs, (all inclusive of boarding, Lodging and course fees, other fees, etc.) plus service taxes, as applicable to be paid by the student.
PGDBF course Laon facility
Selected candidates can finance the course fees by availing an Education Loan which will be granted by respective Banks.
PGDBF course Service Bond
All selected candidates will have to execute a Service Bond for serving the Bank for a minimum period of 3 – 5 years from the date of their joining Bank’s service. ( According to the bank policy service boand may be changed).
Banks are tied up with Manipal School of Banking PG programme (PGDBF course)
- Bank of Baroda
- Andhra bank
- Syndicate bank
- Canara Bank
- IDBI Bank
- Dena Bank
- ICICI Bank
- HDFC Bank Etc.
PGDBF Syllabus for All Trimesters
PGDBF Course follows trimester pattern. Aspirants who will be pursuing Post Graduate Diploma in Banking and Finance (PGDBF) must be looking for the syllabus and many of the Aspirants must have a question in their mind like-
|Trimester – I (15 Weeks)||Trimester – II (15 Weeks)||Trimester – III (15 Weeks)|
|Principles of Management||Organizational behavior & people management||NPA Management|
|Macro-Economic Principles in Banking & Finance||Service products, Cash management & Cross-selling||Treasury management|
|Banking Operations||Insurance products: Marketing/Operations||Derivatives & Risk management (including commodity derivatives)|
|Banking regulations & legal aspects||Wealth management||International Banking & Forex management|
|Marketing Management in Banks||Mutual funds||Technology applications in banking|
|Retail Banking||SME & Agricultural financing /Macro credit||Valuation techniques|
|Capital markets & Financial services||Corporate credit including Project finance||Strategic management|
|–||Security analysis & portfolio management||–|
Post Graduate Diploma in Banking and Finance (PGDBF) course – Pros and Cons
PGDBF course Pros:
- PGDBF course is a professional course specially designed for Banking & Financial sector. If you completed the one year program then it will give you a good knowledge of Banking & Financial and how the system works.
- This course will provide practical insights into the subjects as well.
- Best training through world-class faculty and infrastructure.
- There is an employment guarantee, unlike the risk involved in other PO entrance exam.
- The main advantage of this course is you can clear the JAIIB and CAIIB exam during your one year course itself before even joining the branch because you will have more knowledge of banking.
- PGDBF course gives you properly on the Job as well as off the Job training.
- In PGDBF course is you are very much prepared for the 1st day of joining as Probationary Officers.
- You enjoy all the benefits, such as stability, healthy work-life balance, financial security and social reputation.
- You are more familiarizing with the Banking system.
- There is same chance of promotion as IBPS PO.
- You get a professional Postgraduate Diploma degree.
- Enjoying student life for the last time.
- Making aspirants adaptable to banking environment.
- Hassle free Educational loan towards Course fee. Selected candidates can finance the course fees by availing an Education Loan which will be granted by respective Banks.
- The students are paid a stipend amount for the entire 12-month duration of the course in order to meet their living expenses (depends on the bank). The stipend amount would be as follows:
- During the 9 months Campus period- 2,500/- p.m.
- During the internship period (3 months) – 10,000/ to 12000/- p.m.
PGDBF course Cons:
- “Bond “ is the main coins of this course.Bond period of 3+2 years ( depends on the bank) and if you breaking the bond entire education loan has to be paid in a single installment a commercial rate of interest.
- Not for all the candidate are financially strong so one needs to avail loan compulsory which is considered as big backdrop for this course.
- Training is held at Manipal School of Banking PG programme, Bangalore, candidates have to move to Bangalore until the time the training is completed.
- The loan amount is deducted every month for a period of 5 years, so in starting in hand salary around 25K per month, which is much lesser than other PSB’s Probationary Officers.
Hope this article helps you very much in understanding PGDBF course of Manipal School of Banking PG programme. Now Choice is only yours but we suggest you think wisely grab every possible opportunity that is coming in your way.
Detailed Analysis of PPGDB Course 2018 PDF
All the best for your upcoming exams!!!
IBPS PO Interview Book: Interview Cracker Book for All Banking & Insurance Exams
You may also like-
75th Golden Globes Awards 2018: The winners list
Monthly Current Affairs December 2017: 350+ English and Hindi MCQ
List of National & International Summits & Conferences, Venues : Download PDF
New Appointments: National & International 2017-18 : Download In PDF
Recent Important Committees for Bank Exams 2017-18 : Download In PDF
100 Expected Static GK Questions for IBPS Clerk Mains 2017
Download Static GK PDF-
- State Wise Static GK Study Material: Rajasthan (Royal Rajputana)
- Static GK Study Material: Andhra Pradesh | Download In PDF
- Static GK Study Material: Jammu & Kashmir | Download In PDF
- Complete List of Space Centres and Units in India
- List of Indian cities on River Banks – Download In PDF
- 480+ Important National Parks and Wildlife Sanctuaries in India Download In PDF
- Complete List of Formula One Grand Prix winners 2017
100 Data Interpretation Questions & Answers for IBPS Clerk 2017: High Level (Download Now)