LIC ADO Exam Preparation Tips & Strategy 2019
Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) had recently released the LIC ADO Exam 2019 Notification. The Notification has announced a whopping 8500+ vacancies all over India for the post of Apprentice Development Officer (ADO). The recruitment process of LIC ADO of Open Market Category involves Prelims, Mains and Interview. The Online Preliminary exam is scheduled to be held on 6th & 13th July 2019, while the LIC ADO Mains exam will be held on 10th August 2019. This article is intended to help you with the sure shot strategy to clear the exam in one go. So, without further ado, Let’s have a look at the exam pattern before we move on to the LIC ADO Preparation Strategy:
LIC ADO Preparation Tips & Strategy
LIC ADO Exam Pattern: Preliminary Examination:
Preliminary Examination consisting of objective test will be conducted online. The test will have three sections (with separate timings for each section) as follows:
|Name of test
|Number of Questions
|Medium of exam
|English & Hindi
|English & Hindi
** English Language test will be of qualifying nature and the marks in English Language will not be counted for ranking.
LIC ADO Numerical Ability Preparation
While it is important to learn all the concepts across all the topics of Numerical Ability, it is equally important to learn them in an order. Most quant topics are interdependent, meaning, you need to know concepts of one topic to understand or solve another.
- Start with Basics: Brush up you high school math concepts using NCERT textbooks (8th to 10thgrade).
- Improve your Calculation Speed: Learn tables up to 20 and square roots up to 30 and cube roots up to 20. Also, follow and practice the one-liner approach for quicker addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Prepare for Numerical Ability topics based on trends of previous years question papers.
- Be very thorough with formulae, tables, Squares, Cubes, square roots, cube roots, etc. so that you don’t have to think much during the exam.
- Once Basics are good, then practice the Shortcut tricks.
- Mock Tests: Practice tests including questions of varying difficulty levels to prepare you for any kind of question in the exam.
- Merely giving Tests won’t help if you are not spending quality time in analysing your performance. Oliveboard’s Free Analytics Feature will help you get in-depth analysis about your strong and weak areas. Go through it properly.
- Identify your weak zones as quickly as possible and work extra hard on them during your LIC ADO Preparation.
- Most importantly, do not take Numerical Ability for granted even if you are good at it. You need to practice it a lot otherwise during exam time, you would fail to perform your best under pressure.
LIC ADO Reasoning Preparation 2019
Books and Resources
- Oliveboard’s Free Video Lessons
- Puzzle Mania Reasoning Book
- Online Mock Tests
How to Prepare Reasoning
- Start by learning the concepts of each topic that is likely to appear in the upcoming LIC ADO 2019 Exam. If you’re new to Reasoning section or if you aren’t very good at it, there’s no need to worry. You have enough time to brush up the basics.
- Prioritize the Reasoning questions. Start with the easy questions and then move onto difficult ones.
- There are numerous tricks for Reasoning which have been given in the above-mentioned Reasoning Puzzle Mania book. Master these tricks by solving as many questions as possible.
- Give at least one Mock Test every other day at the start and then increase the frequency of mock test to 1 every day as the exam day comes close.
- Analyse your mock test performance and identify your weak and strong areas.
- Give more time and practice for comparatively difficult topics like Coding-Decoding, Puzzles, etc.
- For Puzzles, the best resource you can get is Reasoning Puzzle Mania Book. Solve all the questions given here.
- Revision is important to retain the concepts learnt. Revise each concept 2-3 times before the exam. It’s also important that you practice Topic Tests after revising each topic to master it and then move to Sectional Test and finally to Full Mock Tests.
LIC ADO English Preparation
How to Prepare for LIC ADO English
- Read a good English newspaper such as The Times of India. It will help you in improving your overall English skills. Read for around 1 hour a day whenever you find time. This will boost your preparation in English for LIC ADO 2019.
- Make a note of all important English Grammar rules. There are around 40-45 of them. Proficiency in these general English rules will make you able to solve 40-50 % questions. Revise these rules daily and practice questions based on them. Generally questions of type “ Find Error” and “Improvement” come in this category.
- Reading Comprehension is the lengthiest area in the subject; first read the questions and then skim through the passage. This way, you will be able to ‘pick’ out the answers from the passage as you go through it. If you are comfortable, try answering the vocabulary questions first.
- For Vocabulary based topics like Antonyms and Synonyms, revision is the key. Start alphabetically with A and move on to Z. Read the words you come across and revise them. You may need to note down some difficult words for revision as and when you find time. Devote 20-30 minutes for Vocabulary everyday.
- For Idioms, Phrases and One word type questions it is important to learn and revise. Daily revision for 15 minutes is very important otherwise you may forget in the real exam.
- Practice all previous year questions that have come in past exams. You will become comfortable with the level of questions generally asked.
- For Cloze test, reading is paramount. If you are habitual of reading , you know how to join sentences and what is the tone of the sentence. Practice has an important role to play in these kind of questions. Practice at least 3 Cloze tests from today to be a master before the exam.
- After you have prepared and practiced the next important stage comes which is Online Mock Tests. You may come to know about your preparation level only after attempting online mock tests. With Oliveboard’s LIC ADO Mock tests you get an exam like atmosphere and your performance is gauged against thousands of other aspirants, take 10 online Mock Tests also before appearing in real exam. Mock tests also help you in time management which is one of the biggest factors in your success.
- A good online test series comes with sufficient Sectional Tests. Attempt English Sectional Tests and look how many questions are you getting correct. Also find out the time taken by you in completing 30 questions. You should also analyse your weak areas for which you need improvement.
Hope this helps. All the Best!