How to Solve Number Series? – Tips and Tricks
Hello, Let’s Study Together Readers, First of all, I want to tell you some tricks regarding Number Series. How to approach Number Series easily in Exams. If you are preparing for Banking & Insurance exams i.e. IBPS PO/Clerk IBPS RRB PO/Clerk, SBI PO/Clerk, RBI, NABARD, SEBI, SSC, Railway, and other government exams, you will come across Number Series Questions in Quantitative Aptitude Section. Here we are providing you preparation tips article on “How to Solve Number Series Questions – Tips and Tricks”.
It is very mostly asked questions in the competitive exams so here we are providing some Basic Tricks of Number Series so that you can understand better and easily find out the answers in exam time. So let’s begin Tricks and Tips of Number Series.
How to Solve Number Series?
Tip-1 As you all know that Number Series questions always relate to each other number so you can solve easily If you know some basic tricks of Number Series.
Tip-2 Before Starting a Number Series Question, always keep in mind you can solve it because sometimes you feel like that you don’t know how to solve it and drop some easy questions.
Tip-3 Firstly you should try to solve number series questions by verbally. Because when you get it what is the Pattern follows these numbers then you easily crack it.
Basic Pattern of Number Series
- Prime Numbers– A prime number is a whole number greater than 1 whose only factors are 1 and itself.A factor is a whole number that can be divided evenly into another number.
For example – 11, 13, 17, 19…
2. Pattern of Differences– Firstly Calculates the difference between series provided in the question then try to solve in mind so that you get the Pattern of series.I will list the numbers, and find the differences for each pair of numbers. That is, I will subtract the numbers in pairs (the first from the second, the second from the third, and so on), like this.
For example – 2, 5,10,17,26….
3. Squares/ Cubes – When the question asked in Number series in the Sequence of squares/cubes then you should know the squares/cubes of number to some extent otherwise there are many formulas to find out perfect squares and cubes.
4. Pattern in alternate numbers: When there is a pattern between every alternate or third number in the series.
For example – 2, 9, 5, 1, 8 , 15, 11….
Tips & Tricks for Number Series Questions
5. Geometric series:- Geometric Number series is an arrangement of numbers in a certain order, where some numbers are this type of series are based on ascending or descending order of numbers and each continues number is obtained by multiplication or division of the previous number with a static number.
For example – 5,45,405,3645, ?…
6. Odd one out: In these type of questions we should find out a wrong number from the gives Number series.
For example – 3, 5, 11, 14, 17, 21
7. Pattern in adjacent number:: In these type of Number series questions, you should multiply the first number by that number so you can get next number.Multiplied Number can be in the form of decreasing/Increasing.
8. Complex series: In these types of series differences of numbers is variable rather than fixed, but there is also a logic behind that Number Series.
9. Using two or more basic arithmetic functions:-In these types of number series more than one operation is used such as Add, Subtract, Multiply, Divide(+,-,×,÷)
10. Cube roots/ square roots: In these types of number series number are a series of cube roots and square roots.
For example – 216,343,512,729…( Here the next number in the series will be Next- 1000)
Here we are providing you a quiz on “Number Series” based on the latest pattern for your daily practice.
1. The following numbers form a series. Find the odd one out.
56, 58, 62, 70, 86, 120, 182
2.The following numbers form a series. Find the odd one out.
733, 365, 181, 89, 38, 20
3.The following numbers form a series. Find the odd one out.
5, 21, 101, 501, 2510, 12501
4.The following numbers form a series. Find the odd one out.
1, 13, 37, 73, 125, 181
5.The following numbers form a series. Find the odd one out.
1, 4, 12, 27, 47, 86
6.Find the missing term in the following series:
14, 78, ?, 620, 1290, 2394
7.Find the missing term in the following series:
9, 29, 67, 129, ?, 349
8.Find the missing term in the series:
736, 368, ?, 552, 1104, 2760
9.Find the missing term in the following series:
198, 110, 52, 18, ?, -2
10.Find the missing term in the following series:
7, 13, 29, 53, ?, 217
In PO & SO examinations in the past, we’ve had 5-10 questions on this topic. In the end, remember to practice more and more on this topic, because it can score some badly needed or easily earned scores within seconds. You can also attempt more Quantitative Aptitude quizzes from the below table-
|Important Simplification & Approximation Questions|
|Important Number Series||Data Sufficiency|
|Quantitative Aptitude Mixed Questions||Quantitative Aptitude Mixed Questions|