India becomes world’s second largest manufacturer of PPE body coveralls
- India has change into the world’s second largest manufacturer of private protecting gear (PPE) body coveralls inside a short while span of two months.
- China is the world’s main producer of PPE body coveralls, essential to safeguard in opposition to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The Ministry of Textiles stated it has been taking a number of steps to make sure that each high quality and amount of PPE coveralls going as much as the specified ranges inside a really brief span of time of two months, “thereby catapulting India into the world’s second largest manufacturer of body coveralls, next only to China”.
- The ministry has taken steps to make sure that solely licensed gamers throughout all the provide chain are allowed to provide body coveralls to governments, an official assertion stated.
- Besides, Textiles Committee, Mumbai too will now check and certify PPE body coveralls required for healthcare staff and different COVID-19 warriors.
- Ajit Chavan, secretary, Textiles Committee and Additional Textile Commissioner, Ministry of Textiles, defined how the committee rose as much as the event to surmount the problem of non-availability of reputed home producers of PPE testing gear.
- “We faced the humongous challenges of non-availability of domestic manufacturers of repute and incessant delay/long gestation period to import machine from China as also challenges of ever-increasing prices by the opportunist companies in China due to demand for such equipment the world over.
The secretary knowledgeable how the testing gear will assist the nation throughout the disaster: “With the acquisition of this equipment and with a concrete plan to add some more equipment as per need, we will be able to address not only the quantitative but also the qualitative requirements involved in the testing of body coveralls worn by the frontline health workers and other COVID-19 warriors”.
About Ministry of Textile-
- The Ministry of Textiles is an Indian government national agency responsible for the formulation of policy, planning, development, export promotion and regulation of the textile industry in India. This includes all natural, artificial, and cellulosic fibers that go into the making of textiles, clothing and Handicrafts.
- Headquarters – New Delhi
- Minister – Smriti Zubin Irani
- Secretary- Ravi Capoor
जीके और दैनिक करेंट अफेयर्स अपडेट हिंदी में प्राप्त करें – क्लिक करें