Centre launches scheme to solarise entire Konark Temple
- The Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) today announced that the Central Government has launched a scheme for complete solarisation of Konark Sun temple and Konark town in Odisha.
- “Government of India has launched a scheme for 100% solarisation of Konark Sun Temple and Konark town,” a press statement issued by the Ministry.
- The scheme envisages 10 MW grid connected solar project and various solar off-grid applications like solar trees, solar drinking water kiosks, off-grid solar power plants with battery storage etc.
- With 100% Central Financial Assistance (CFA) support of around Rs 25 Crore from Government of India through MNRE will be implemented by Odisha Renewable Energy Development Agency (OREDA).
- The scheme Minister of State (MoS) for Power and New and Renewable Energy R K Singh said, “Government of India launched the Scheme with an objective to take forward the Prime Minister’s vision to develop the historical Sun temple town of Konark in Odisha as ‘Surya Nagri’, to convey a message of synergy between the modern use of solar energy and the ancient Sun Temple and the importance of promoting solar energy”.
- The Scheme will meet all the energy requirements of Konark town with solar energy.
- The Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) is a ministry of the Government of India that is mainly responsible for research and development, intellectual property protection, and international cooperation, promotion, and coordination in renewable energy sources such as wind power, small hydro, biogas, and solar power.
- Formed – 1992
- Headquarters – New Delhi
- Minister of State- Raj Kumar Singh
- Secretary- Indu Shekhar Chaturvedi
जीके और दैनिक करेंट अफेयर्स अपडेट हिंदी में प्राप्त करें – क्लिक करें