Govt to run awareness campaign in 1 lakh villages on balanced use of fertilisers for FY 20-21
- Union Minister for Agriculture & Farmers’ Welfare, Narendra Singh Tomarhas informed that the government will run a mission mode awareness campaign in FY2020-2021 in over 1 lakh villages.
- The campaign will focus on promoting the use of bio/organic fertilisers leading to the reduction of consumption of chemical soil nutrients.
- The decision was taken after reviewing the progress of the Soil Health Card (SHC) scheme.
- Soil Testing Labs by youth having education in agriculture, Women Self Help Groups, FPOs (Farmer’s Produce Organization) etc. will be set up at village level Soil Health Card (SHC) scheme.
- Department of Agriculture, Cooperation and Farmers’ Welfare in association with the Departments of Panchayat Raj, Rural Development and Drinking Water and Sanitation will launch a comprehensive campaign on the rational application of fertilisers. This will be done to promote organic farming in order to produce safe nutritious food.
ABOUT SOIL HEALTH CARD SCHEME
- Launch year- 2015
- Promoted by the Department of Agriculture & Co-operation under the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare.
- Implemented through the Department of Agriculture of all the State and Union Territory Governments.
- Assess the current status of soil health and, when used over time, to determine changes in soil health that are affected by land management.
- A Soil Health Card displays soil health indicators and associated descriptive terms. The indicators are typically based on farmers’ practical experience and knowledge of local natural resources. The card lists soil health indicators that can be assessed without the aid of technical or laboratory equipment.
जीके और दैनिक करेंट अफेयर्स अपडेट हिंदी में प्राप्त करें – क्लिक करें