NSAFE: IIT Delhi startup launches ‘Reusable Antimicrobial Mask’
- An IIT-Delhi startup named ‘Nanosafe Solutions’ has launched an antimicrobial and washable face mask that can be reused up to 50 launderings.
- It is a triple-layered product consisting of – inner hydrophilic layer for comfort, middle layer having antimicrobial activity and outer most layer having water and oil repellent behaviour.
- The mask has been designed to maximize durability and dimensional stability.
- It can be reused 50 times and this will also help to resolve the huge disposal issues.
- It is washable and reusable.
- It has 99.2 per cent bacterial filtration efficiency (at 3 microns) as tested according to American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) standards.
- It has very good breathability and comfort
- There is an elastic band in the chin region and wire in the nose region provides adequate fit of the mask to the wearer.
- It is also splash resistant means it is water proof.
- It will be launched at an MRP of Rs 299 (Pack of 2) and Rs 589 (Pack of 4).
ABOUT THE DEVELOPING TEAM
- Dr Anasuya Roy, an IIT Delhi alumnus, Founder and CEO of Nanosafe Solutions and
- Professor Mangala Joshi, Department of Textile and Fibre Engineering, IIT Delhi.
- A technology start-up partnered with IIT Delhi, focusing on manufacturing technological value-added products in human life.
- Founder and CEO – Dr Anasuya Roy
जीके और दैनिक करेंट अफेयर्स अपडेट हिंदी में प्राप्त करें – क्लिक करें