Government Launches SWADES Initiative To Map Skill Set Of Indians Returning From Abroad
- Union Government has launched a new initiative SWADES- Skilled Workers Arrival Database for Employment Support to conduct a skill mapping exercise of the returning citizens under the Vande Bharat Mission.
- This is a joint initiative of the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, Civil Aviation Ministry and External Affairs Ministry.
- SWADES aims to create a database of qualified citizens based on their skillsets and experience to tap into and fulfil demand of Indian and foreign companies.
- The collected information will be shared with the companies for suitable placement opportunities in the country. The returning citizens are required to fill up an online SWADES Skills Card.
- Commenting on the collaboration Skill Development and Entrepreneurship Minister Dr. Mahendra Nath Pandey said, it is crucial that the entire country supports the Centre in its efforts to address the challenges posed by the economic downturn caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The data collected through SWADES Skill Card will help the citizens with job prospects and bridge the demand-supply gap.
- Civil Aviation Minister Hardeep Puri said, in order to ensure dissemination of information on SWADES Skill Card, In-flight announcements are being made by Air India and Air Indian Express that are operating flights under the Vande Bharat Mission.
- External Affairs Minister Dr S. Jaishankar said that government is committed to provide every possible support to citizens stranded abroad and the challenges they are facing due to job losses.
- The initiative will help in deployment of returning Indian workforce matching their skill sets.
About Vande Bharat Mission–
The Government of India has launched a new initiative SWADES (Skilled Workers Arrival Database for Employment Support) to conduct a skill mapping exercise of the returning citizens under the Vande Bharat Mission. This is a joint initiative of the Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship, the Ministry of Civil Aviation and the Ministry of External Affairs.
The Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship is a Ministry of Government of India set up on 9 November 2014 to coordinate all skill development efforts across the country
- Founded – 9 November 2014
- Headquarters – New Delhi
- Minister – Mahendra Nath Pandey
The Ministry of Civil Aviation of Government of India is the nodal Ministry responsible for the formulation of national policies and programmes for development and regulation of Civil Aviation and for devising and implementing schemes for the orderly growth and expansion of civil air transport.
- Founded – 21 October 2016
- Headquarters – New Delhi
- Minister – Hardeep Singh Puri