Current Affairs Today 2 June 2020
Hello Aspirants, Here we provide the important and Latest Current Affairs Today 2 June 2020, which have Latest updates of Current Affairs 2020 from all the newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economics Times, PIB, Times of India, Business Standard, Financial Express, Indian Express and all other official Government websites.
If you want to get more marks in Banking, SSC, Insurance, Railways, UPSC, RPSC, UPPSC and other state exams then you should read Our Current Affairs June 2020 for secured your job in Government Sector. We also provide Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2020 PDF which will be helpful for you to crack the exams.
Top 10 Current Affairs of 2 June 2020
India can access carbon credits worth USD 50-60 bn if propagates agroecology- Niti Aayog
- Suggesting adoption of innovative farming methods based on ecological principles, Niti Aayog vice chairman Rajiv Kumar on Friday said India can have access to carbon credits worth USD 50-60 billion if it propagates natural farming and agroecology.
- Kumar during a virtual high-level round-table on ‘Agroecology and Regenerative Agriculture’ also stressed on the need to make agriculture more knowledge intensive. He said there is a need to ensure that natural farming is scalable…..Click Here to Read More
‘My Life, My Yoga’ Video Blogging Contest Announced By PM Modi In His Mann Ki Baat
- Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi has launched a video blogging competition titled “My Life, My Yoga” inviting citizens to take part in it to promote the practice of yoga among the masses.
- The development comes as one of the Government’s activities to observe the sixth International Day of Yoga which is set to be celebrated on 21 June.
- The contest is a joint effort by the Union Ministry of AYUSH and the Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR).
- The contest which had been announced by PM Modi in his monthly…..Click Here to Read More
India’s first national Artificial Intelligence Portal launched by IT minister Ravi Shankar Prasad
- On the occasion of the first anniversary of the second tenure of Prime Minister Narendra Modi-led government, Union Minister for Electronics and IT, Law and Justice and Communications Ravi Shankar Prasad launched India’s national Artificial Intelligence Portal called www.ai.gov.in.
- Artificial Intelligence Portal has been jointly developed by the Ministry of Electronics and IT and IT Industry.
- National e-Governance Division of Ministry of Electronics and IT and NASSCOM from the IT industry will jointly run this portal. This portal shall work as a one-stop digital platform for AI-related developments in India, sharing of resources such as articles, startups, investment funds in AI, resources…..Click Here to Read More
SEBI Extends Deadline For Power Of Attorney Norms Till August 1, 2020
- The Securities and Exchange Board of India has deferred the implementation of revised power of attorney norms for dematerialised securities to Aug 1. Introduced in the aftermath of the Karvy crisis, the revised provisions were supposed to come into effect from June.
- SEBI had issued a circular earlier this year to mitigate the risks of misappropriation of clients’ securities by a trading/clearing member or depository participant. The intent of the regulator was to prevent trading and clearing members from using clients’ securities to meet their own obligations.
- As per the February circular, trading and clearing members…..Click Here to Read More
Yes Bank acquires 24.19% stake in Dish TV via pledged shares
- Private sector lender YES Bank has acquired 24.19 per cent in Dish TV, making it the second-largest shareholder in the direct-to-home (DTH) company.
- The bank’s move to pick up a stake in Dish TV comes following an invocation of pledged shares to the tune of 445.3 million in the firm, the lender said in a filing to the stock exchanges.
- The promoter family, led by Jawahar Goel, brother of Essel group promoter Subhash Chandra, now owns 30.37 per cent in Dish TV, counted among the leading DTH players in India with net sales of Rs 6,166 crore (for FY2018-19).
- The promoter family earlier held 54.56 per cent in the company…..Click Here to Read More
Science & Technology
SwissCovid, The First Google-Apple-Based Corona virus Contact-Tracing App Launched
- Switzerland has launched the world’s first app that utilised the Exposure Notification API developed by Apple and Google.
- The is developed by the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Lausanne (EPFL), ETC Zurich, that relies on a decentralised approach and is the first kind of app that is based on the Apple-Google framework to be actually launched.
- The app called “SwissCovid” is currently available to members of the Swiss army, civil servants, and hospital workers. The app will be rolled out…..Click Here to Read More
SpaceX’s Crew Dragon capsule carrying NASA astronauts docks with the International Space Station
- SpaceX launched its first humans into space -veteran NASA astronauts Bob Behnken and Doug Hurley.
- The astronauts caught up to the International Space Station inside their Endeavour spaceship — their new name for SpaceX’s Crew Dragon spacecraft — and docked it there.
- The docking marks a big milestone in the Demo-2 mission, as it’s called; Behnken and Hurley can now stay and work in space for up to 110 days before…..Click Here to Read More
SAI to launch Khelo India e-Pathshala, an Online Coaching Programme for Grassroot Level
- The Sports Authority of India (SAI) is all set to launch Khelo India e-Pathshala in association with National Sports Federations (NSF) from June 1 with an aim to provide first-ever national-level open online coaching and education programme for grassroot-level athletes.
- Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju and Union Minister of Tribal Affairs and Archery Association of India president Arjun Munda will inaugurate the programme through a webinar on June 1 at 9 am, a session that will be attended by archers, archery coaches and experts of the discipline.
- The programme will cover 21 sporting disciplines, including,…..Click Here to Read More
Music Director-Singer Wajid Khan Passes Away at 42
- Wajid Khan of Bollywood music composer duo Sajid-Wajid, credited with albums like Dabangg and Wanted, passed away in Mumbai on Sunday due to complications arising from a renal ailment and COVID-19. He was 42.
- Wajid Khan was admitted to Surana Hospital and Research Centre in Chembur after he developed an infection.
- A treating doctor said Wajid had a long history of infection, and had also undergone a kidney transplant. And since the operation, he was immunocompromised.
- Dr Prince Surana, medical director at Surana Hospital and Research Centre…..Click Here to Read More
Olympic Sprint Legend Bobby Morrow Dies Aged 84
- American sprinter Bobby Morrow, who won three gold medals at the 1956 Olympic Games in Melbourne, died on Saturday at the age of 84.
- Morrow won gold in the 100 and 200 metres and anchored the US to victory in the 4x100m relay, in which they set a world record. He is one of the four men to win these three events at a single Games, alongside Jesse Owens, Carl Lewis and Usain Bolt.
- He was named Sports Illustrated’s “Sportsman of the Year”…..Click Here to Read More
World Milk Day 2020 – Date, Theme, Significance
- World Milk day was established by the (FAO) Food and Agriculture Organisation of the UN 20 years ago.
- It is celebrated to recognize the importance of milk as a global food. Since its inception in 2001, World Milk day celebrations have been joined by many countries.
- The number is growing each year as the benefits of milk and other dairy products have been actively publicized throughout the world.
- June 1 is celebrated as World Milk day every year. 2020 marks the 20th anniversary of World Milk day. The day is celebrated to bring attention…..Click Here to Read More
Current Affairs Today
[table id=36 /]