World Milk Day 2020 – Date, Theme, Significance
- World Milk day was established by the (FAO) Food and Agriculture Organisation of the UN 20 years ago.
- It is celebrated to recognize the importance of milk as a global food. Since its inception in 2001, World Milk day celebrations have been joined by many countries.
- The number is growing each year as the benefits of milk and other dairy products have been actively publicized throughout the world.
- June 1 is celebrated as World Milk day every year. 2020 marks the 20th anniversary of World Milk day. The day is celebrated to bring attention to how dairy supports the livelihoods of one billion people.
- The theme for World Milk day 2020 is ‘the 20th Anniversary of World Milk Day’. The day is being celebrated to promote the health benefits of milk and dairy products. Last year, the theme on this day was ‘Drink Milk: Today & Everyday’.
- India has become the largest producer of milk in the world with over 150 million tonnes of production in the last few years. This day is celebrated with a lot of zeal in India.
- On World Milk day 2020, let us motivate each other to inculcate this healthy habit.
- Mik and dairy is a major part of lives in India and this day gives them the opportunity to discuss various aspects of milk & dairy products in India. The day encourages the benefits of dairy products related to health and nutrition, effectiveness and attainability, and the passion of the sectors and commitment to feeding our communities.
जीके और दैनिक करेंट अफेयर्स अपडेट हिंदी में प्राप्त करें – क्लिक करें