Tata Power completes 51% stake buy in Odisha's TPCODL for Rs 178.5 crore
Tata Power completes 51% stake buy in Odisha's TPCODL for Rs 178.5 crore

Tata Power completes 51% stake buy in Odisha’s TPCODL for Rs 179 crore

  • Tata PowerNSE 7.86 % on Monday said it has completed the acquisition of 51 per cent stake in TP Central Odisha Distribution Ltd (TPCODL) for Rs 178.5 crore.
  • TPCODL carries out the business of Central Electricity Supply Utility of Odisha (CESU). The acquisition paves the way for taking over the power supply business of five cities in Odisha by Tata Power.
  • “Tata Power has today acquired 51 per cent equity stake in TPCODL at a consideration of Rs 178.5 crore,” a Tata Power statement said.
  • GRIDCO will hold the rest 49 per cent stake in TPCODL.
  • TPCODL was incorporated on April 6, 2020 as a wholly-owned subsidiary of GRIDCO to carry out the business of CESU.
  • Tata Power said it has taken over the management of CESU, after receiving the Letter of Intent from the Odisha Electricity Regulatory Commission (OERC) for the distribution and retail supply of electricity in Odisha’s five circles consisting of Bhubaneswar, Cuttack, Puri, Paradeep and Dhenkanal.
  • As per an order issued by OERC on May 28, 2020, Tata Power will hold 51 per cent equity with management control and state-owned GRIDCO will have the remaining 49 per cent equity stake in the company.
  • Tata Power has committed to improving and modernising the distribution system in the five circles. The priority of the company is to improve reliability, reduce AT&C losses and offer excellent customer service.
  • Tata Power will provide better opportunities and facilities to the employees to update their knowledge and skills along with an exposure to best practices and cutting edge technologies as part of the changed management in CESU.
  • “Our tie-up with CESU is a huge development for Tata Power. We are committed to provide reliable, affordable and quality power supply along with superior customer service, backed by innovative technology. The success of our Delhi, Mumbai and Ajmer distribution businesses are testament to this fact,” Tata Power CEO & MD Praveer Sinha said.

About Tata Power Limited –

  • Tata Power Limited is an Indian electric utility company based in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India and is part of the Tata Group. The core business of the company is to generate, transmit and distribute electricity.
  • Founded – 18 September 1919
  • Headquarter– Mumbai
  • CEO – Praveer Sinha

 जीके और दैनिक करेंट अफेयर्स अपडेट हिंदी में प्राप्त करें – क्लिक करें 

Attempt Free Mock Tests & Get Free eBooks

Free Current Affairs Test & Monthly eBook 2024 – Click Here
SEBI Grade A Cracker 2024 – Attempt 10000+ MCQ  Here
RBI Grade B Cracker 2024 – Attempt 11000+ MCQ  Here
SBI Clerk Mock Tests – Attempt Free Here
SBI PO Free Mock Tests – Attempt Free Here
IBPS PO Mock Tests – Attempt Free Here
Best Topic Wise Tests for Bank (PO/Clerk) Exams 2024: 10000+ Questions with Answers