SBI Clerk 2019 Exam FAQs
SBI Clerk 2019 Exam FAQs. The official notification for SBI Clerk 2019 exam was released recently. Many of you might have questions around the exam and notification. For your assistance, we bring to you SBI Clerk 2019 exam FAQs. These FAQs are brought to you by Let’s Study Together, an online exam preparation platform for banking and government exams.
SBI Clerk 2019 Exam FAQs – Post, Vacancies & Fees
1. How many vacancies are announced by SBI?
SBI has announced 9000+ vacancies for the post of Clerk/Junior Associates.
2. When will the exam registration start?
The SBI Clerk 2019 registration has started on 12th April and will end on 03rd May 2019.
3. How to apply for the exam?
You can apply for SBI Clerk Recruitment Exam through Online mode only. To apply for SBI Clerk Exam, follow the below mentioned steps:
- Visit the official website: www.sbi.co.in – Recruitment or Junior Associates
- Pay the Application fee online using Debit Card/Credit Card/Internet Banking/Cash Cards/Wallets, etc.
- Use a valid email ID that should be kept active till the declaration of results.
- Keep a scanned photograph and signature ready as per requirements mentioned in the official notification
- Submit the Application Form
- Take out the Print Out of the Application Form for future reference
4. What is the application fee for SBI Clerk 2019 exam?
|Category||Online Application Fees|
|For SC/ST/PWD/XS candidates||Rs. 125/-|
|For General/OBC/EWS||Rs. 750/-|
5. What are the modes of payment?
Pay the Application fee online using Debit Card/Credit Card/Internet Banking/Cash Cards/Wallets, etc.
6. When is the SBI Clerk exam scheduled?
The SBI Clerk prelims will be held on June 2019; dates not announced yet. The mains exam will be on 10th Aug, 2019.
Note: These dates are tentative, and SBI reserves the right to change these at a later stage.
SBI Clerk 2019 Exam FAQs – Eligibility, Exam Pattern, Syllabus
7. What is the age eligibility criteria for the exam?
- Graduation in any discipline from a recognized University or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government.(As on 31 Aug 2019)
- Not below 20 years and not above 28 years as on 01.04.2019, i.e candidates must have been born not earlier than 02.04.1991 and not later than 01.04.1999 (both days inclusive).
8. What is the minimum educational qualification required?
- Graduation in any discipline with no minimum aggregate marks
- Candidates applying for a post in a recruiting office should be proficient in the language (i.e. know to read, write, speak and understand the language) of the state/ any of the states falling under the recruiting office.
9. What is the selection process?
There has been a slight change in SBI Clerk selection process this year. There will not be any sectional or overall cut-offs for the preliminary examination. The selection process is as follows:
Preliminary Exam –> Mains Exam –> Provisional Allotment -> Test of Specified Opted Language Test.
10. What is the SBI Clerk 2019 Prelims Exam Pattern?
Click Here to Know SBI Clerk 2019 Prelims Exam Pattern
11. What is the SBI Clerk 2019 Mains Exam Pattern?
Click Here to Know SBI Clerk 2019 Mains Exam Pattern
12. Is the exam bilingual?
The questions in objective tests, except for General English will be bilingual – English & Hindi.
13. Is there negative marking in the exam?
Yes, there will be negative marking for wrong answers in the Prelims and Mains. 1/4th of the marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
14. What is test of specified opted local language?
Those who qualify for selection and produce 10th or 12th standard mark sheet/certificate evidencing having studied the specified opted local language will not be subjected to any language test. In case of others (qualified for selection), specified opted local language test will be conducted after provisional selection but before joining, Candidates not found to be proficient in specified opted local language would be disqualified.
15. Is there any interview in SBI Clerk 2019?
There is no interview process in SBI Clerk 2019.
16. What is the cut-off for the exam?
There has been a slight change in SBI Clerk selection process this year. There will not be any sectional or overall cut-offs for the preliminary examination.
Click Here – SBI Clerk Prelims & Mains Cutoff 2018
17. What is the exam syllabus for SBI Clerk 2018?
Click Here – SBI Clerk Prelims & Mains Syllabus 2019
SBI Clerk 2019 Exam FAQs – Profile, Promotions & Salary
18. What is the Job profile of an SBI Clerk?
A bank clerk is the first point of contact for any customer to address his inquiries and to provide guidance. As an SBI Clerk, you will have the following responsibilities:
Customer Interaction: Handling doubts and queries
Verification and signing of documents, countersigning and clearing cheques and drafts
Back-office work like ledger maintenance, balance tallying, data entry
*Note that the above list is not exhaustive or definitive and is meant to give you an idea of what the job would be like.
19. What is the initial salary of an SBI Clerk?
The pay-scale of an SBI Clerk is: 11765-655/3-13730-815/3-16175-980/4-20095-1145/7-28110-2120/1- 30230-1310/1-31450
The total starting emoluments of a Clerical Cadre employee payable at Metro like Mumbai will be around ` 25000/- per month inclusive of D.A. and other allowances at the current rate. Allowances may vary depending upon the place of posting.
The perks are: Provident Fund, Gratuity, Pension under New Pension Scheme (Defined Contribution Benefit Scheme), Medical, Leave fare and other facilities.
Hope these answer your questions. Now, Gear Up for the SBI Clerk 2019 Exam with Let’s Study Together
SBI Clerk Preparation | Related Links
|SBI Clerk Previous Year Question Papers Download Now||Click Here|
|SBI Clerk Official Notification||Click Here|
|SBI Clerk Previous Year Cut off Marks||Click Here|
|SBI Clerk Previous Year Exam Analysis||Click Here|
|SBI Clerk Syllabus & Exam Pattern 2019||Click Here|