Saurabh Lodha, IIT-Bombay Professor receives Young Career Award 2020 in Nano Science and Technology
- Professor Saurabh Lodha from Electrical Engineering, IIT Bombay, has received the Young Career Award in Nano Science & Technology for the year 2020.
- It recognises his contributions in the development of logic transistor technologies beyond silicon and nanoelectronic devices based on two-dimensional Van der Waals materials.
- His recent work in the area of advanced transistors has been driven by strong industry partnerships.
- He is an alumnus of IIT Bombay and Purdue University, USA.
- He has worked for eight years with Applied Materials Inc. on technological challenges causing distress beyond-silicon transistors workhouse devices which fuel 90% of all electronics. Applied Materials Inc. is one of the world’s largest semiconductor equipment manufacturers.
- He has developed new materials and processes to improve the thermal stability and reliability of the thin(1-2 nm) gate dielectric of the transistor and lower the resistance of metal contacts to the transistor and to obtain electrical impurities at a higher level and reduce the failure rate and last longer.
- It is awarded by the Department of Science and Technology(DST), Government of India.
- DST functions under the he Ministry of Science and Technology in India.
- Union Minister of State for Science and Technology-Dr. Harsh Vardhan
- Nanotechnology is science, engineering, and technology which involves manipulation of matter on an atomic, molecular, and supramolecular scale, basically on the dimension sized from 1 to 100 nanometers.
जीके और दैनिक करेंट अफेयर्स अपडेट हिंदी में प्राप्त करें – क्लिक करें