MP becomes the first state in country to provide Mid-Day Meal ration amidst the COVID-19 lockdown
- Madhya Pradesh has become the first state in the country to provide mid-day meal ration amist the COVID-19 lockdown.
- The Central Government has also appreciated the successful efforts and innovation in the implementation of Mid-Day Meal Scheme in Madhya Pradesh.
- The support of Anganwadi workers, Panchayat representatives and local teachers was taken in sending ration to the students at their home after the school closing in April.
- An amount of Rs 117 crore has been transferred online in the bank account of the parents of 66 lakh 27 thousand students of primary and secondary school by the state government. This was done to provide mid-day meal to school children in the corona outbreak.
- In addition, under door-to-door mid-day meal scheme, ration has also been provided to 56 lakh 87 thousand children.
About MID DAY MEAL
- It is a school meal programme of the Government of India.
- Under this, government supplies free lunches on working days in government and government- aided primary and upper primary classes.
- Madhya Pradesh’s Capital-Bhopal
- Madhya Pradesh’s Governor-Lalji Tandon
- Madhya Pradesh’s CM-Shivraj Chouhan
जीके और दैनिक करेंट अफेयर्स अपडेट हिंदी में प्राप्त करें – क्लिक करें