How to Crack SSC GD Constable 2018 Exam – Tips & Tricks
SSC GD Constable 2018. How to Crack SSC GD Constable. Tips to crack SSC GD Constable Exam 2018. The aspirants preparing for the government jobs have a great opportunity to start their career with the paramilitary forces at entry level with the help of SSC GD Constable Exam. With the help of this article, we are going to share the preparation strategy to clear this exam with a high score.
Tips to crack SSC GD Constable Exam 2018
There are four sections in this exam; each section is of 25 questions and 25 marks. In total there are 100 questions in this exam which account for 100 marks. The total time available for this exam is 90 minutes.
If we analyse the previous year cutoff of this exam, one can easily observe a constant increase in the same. The candidates must be aware of the exact level of competition as well as the marks which can be considered good for selection. The expected cut-offs of SSC GD exam are given below to give you a fair idea of the competition level in this exam. (Note: These expected cutoffs have been estimated on the basis of the previous year cutoff of this exam.)
SSC GD Constable Exam 2018 – The expected cut-offs for male candidates is
|Forces / Category||GEN||OBC||SC||ST|
|CRPF||70 – 75||65 – 70||61 – 65||65 – 70|
|BSF||65 – 70||65 – 70||61 – 65||55 – 60|
|SSB||80 – 85||70 – 75||66 – 70||60 – 65|
|CISF||81 – 85||75 – 80||71 – 75||65 – 70|
|ITBP||60 – 70||65 – 70||61 – 65||55 – 60|
|AR||83 – 88||81 – 85||76 – 80||70 – 75|
|SSF||85 – 90||81 – 85||76 – 80||65 – 70|
|NIA||85 – 90`||85 – 90||81 – 85||71 – 75|
SSC GD Constable Exam 2018 – The expected cut-offs for female candidates is:-
|Forces / Category||GEN||OBC||SC||ST|
|CRPF||65 – 70||61 – 65||55 – 60||51 – 55|
|BSF||65 – 70||61 – 65||61 – 65||55 – 60|
|SSB||75 – 80||71 – 75||65 – 70||55 – 60|
|CISF||81 – 85||71 – 75||70 – 75||61 – 65|
|ITBP||65 – 70||61 – 65||55 – 60||51 – 55|
|AR||75 – 80||71 – 75||65 – 70||61 – 65|
|SSF||81 – 85||81 – 85||75 – 80||71 – 75|
|NIA||86 – 90||81 – 85||75 – 80||71 – 75|
The above cut-offs depict the level of competition one has to face in this exam. The overall analysis suggests that to secure a good profile in the above-mentioned department of paramilitary forces of one’s choice, he/she has to score a minimum of 85+ marks. These marks can easily by scored by the candidates with a best fit strategy.
How to Crack SSC GD Constable 2018 Tips & Tricks
The subject wise strategy for SSC GD Constable Exam to score good marks is given below:-
Tips to crack SSC GD Constable Exam 2018 – Mathematics Tips
This subject is asked to check the quantitative ability of the candidates. The candidates must keep following points in mind while preparing for this section:-
- Start with easy topics, such as percentage, average, profit and loss etc.
- Keep on practicing questions till you feel comfortable in a certain topic.
- Gradually move towards the moderate and tough level topics. (Tough topics depend on individual’s capability).
- Increase your calculation speed with short tricks and Vedic mathematical tricks of addition, multiplication and learn tables properly.
- There are certain topics which cover maximum syllabus like Number Series, Time and Work, Time, Speed and Distance, Boats and Streams, Simple Interest and Compound Interest, Pipes and Cisterns, Problem on Ages, and Probability. Therefore practice good number of questions from these topics.
Tips to crack SSC GD Constable Exam 2018 – Reasoning Ability tips
This section tests the decision making and logical reasoning of a candidate. The candidates must take this section seriously as this can be very scoring in exam. The candidates must keep following points in mind while preparing for this section.
- This section includes many topics ranging from Arithmetical reasoning, decision making to verbal reasoning. The candidates must practice sufficient number of questions of each section.
- There are certain topics which are asked more often like, Coding- decoding, Alphanumeric series, Analogy, Arithmetical reasoning, Direction based questions, Blood relation based questions, Dice based questions, questions based on clocks and calendar.
- There is one more topic of this section which carries good number of marks and is easy to attempt, and that is: non-verbal reasoning, like finding mirror image or water image, finding odd figure, finding next figure.
- Practice questions from previous years question papers and take section-wise online mini mock tests to boost your marks in the exam.
Tips to crack SSC GD Constable Exam – English Language and Comprehension tips
This section is asked to test the ability of the candidates to understand and articulate English language. The candidates must keep following points in mind while preparing for this section:-
- This section comprises of three main sections viz. Grammar, Vocabulary and Comprehension. All sections are equally important to crack this exam.
- Learn all the basic rules of English grammar thoroughly and at the same time practice ample number of questions to get a good hold over each topic.
- To prepare well for vocabulary section, one should go through newspapers, news articles, and good quality content from various websites as well as good quality books. One can consider “Word Power Made Easy” by Norman Lewis as the starting point of vocabulary.
- Comprehension skills can be improved by reading only. The candidates must read as much as time permits from various good quality sources.
- Don’t forget to practice questions from previous year question papers.
Tips to crack SSC GD Constable Exam – General Knowledge tips
This section is not very easy to cover as the syllabus for this section is very vast and there are certain sub sections which may consume a good amount of valuable time. The candidates must keep following points in mind while preparing for this section:-
- There are certain topics which carry good weightage, like General Science and in this section itself there are certain topics like, Types of units, types of measuring instruments, vital minerals, vitamins, proteins and their sources and diseases caused by deficiency of these minerals, Types of hormones in plants and animals, sources of certain organic compounds, Layers of Earth, Types of Mountains, Layers of Earth Atmosphere, Winds and Their Types, various organ systems of human.
- The next most important subsection is history and polity. There are certain topics in these subsections which are very important like, famous wars, books written by various kings, the important political and social changes brought by various kings, important points of various kingdoms, the timeline of British rules and Indian struggle to freedom, Indian constitution and important articles, amendments, Various important posts in Indian Political system, various parts of Indian administration,
- The current affairs of last six months covering news from national topics, sports, government schemes must also be prepared properly.
After covering the syllabus, next important step is taking mock tests to analyze your preparation. Take online mock tests in the same environment as that of the real exam. The candidates must find their weak areas and work hard to improve their score in them.
Don’t forget to download SSC preparation app for SSC GD Constable exam preparation. It provides free study material, quizzes, previous year papers, and all the updates and notification related SSC exams.
Download Important Free PDF
|400 Important Chemistry Questions and Answer PDF||400 Important Physics Questions and Answer PDF||400+ Important Biology Questions and Answer PDF|
|850+ One Word Substitution PDF for SSC CGL 2018 – Download Free Now