Health and AYUSH Ministers formally launch inter-disciplinary studies involving AYUSH interventions for COVID 19 situation
- Health Minister Sh. Harsh Vardhan and Minister of State for AYUSH Sh. Shripad Yesso Naik jointly launched clinical research studies on Ayurveda interventions as an add-on to standard care to COVID 19 situation.
ABOUT INTER-DISCIPLINARY AYUSH R&D TASK FORCE
- The Ayush Ministry has setup an Interdisciplinary Ayush R&D Task Force with a group of experts under the chairmanship of Dr Bhushan Patvardhan, Vice Chairman, University Grant Commission (UGC) to formulate and develop strategies for this initiative.
- It has formulated and designed clinical research protocols for prophylactic studies and add-on interventions in COVID-19 positive cases.
STUDIES LAUNCHED BY MINISTRY OF AYUSH
Clinical research studies on Ayurveda interventions as prophylaxis (Treatment) and as an add-on to standard care to COVID 19
- It is a collaborative clinical study of Ministry of AYUSH, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) and the Ministry of Science & Technology through Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR) with technical support of ICMR.
- The Interdisciplinary Ayush R&D Task Force has formulated and designed clinical research protocols for four different interventions – Ashwagandha, Yashtimadhu, Guduchi +Pippali and a poly herbal formulation (AYUSH-64)
Population based interventional studies on impact of AYUSH based prophylactic interventions
- This was launched to study the impact of Ayurvedic Interventions in prevention of COVID-19 infection in high risk population, assessment of preventive potential of AYUSH interventions for COVID 19 and also to assess the improvement in Quality of Life in high risk population.
- The study will be carried out through four Research Councils under Ministry of AYUSH and National Institutes in 25 states across the country and several State Governments covering approximately 5 lakhs population.
Ayush Sanjivani Mobile Application
- The Ministry of AYUSH has developed Ayush Sanjivani mobile app with the purpose of generating data of a target of 5 million people.
- The core expected outcomes includes to generate data on acceptance and usage of AYUSH advocacies and measures among the population and its impact in prevention of COVID 19.
ABOUT MINISTRY OF AYUSH
- AYUSH stands for Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani,Siddha and Homoeopathy.
- It aims to develop education, research and propagation of indigenous alternative medicine systems in India.
जीके और दैनिक करेंट अफेयर्स अपडेट हिंदी में प्राप्त करें – क्लिक करें