Govinda Rajulu Chintala appointed NABARD chairman
- Govinda Rajulu Chintala has been appointed the chairman of the National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD).
- Chintala, at present, is working as the chief general manager (CGM) of the bank.
- He will hold the post till his superannuation on July 31, 2022.
- Shaji KV and P V S Suryakumar have been appointed deputy managing directors in the NABARD. Shaji is general manager of Canara Bank.
- Suryakumar, at present CGM in the NABARD, will hold the post till his superannuation on July 31, 2023.
- The tenure of Vaidya Rajesh Kotecha, secretary in the AYUSH ministry, has been extended on a contract basis for two years
- National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) is an Apex Development Financial Institution in India.The Bank has been entrusted with “matters concerning Policy Planning and Operations in the field of credit for Agriculture and other Economic activities in Rural areas in India”.
- NABARD is active in developing Financial Inclusion policy.
- Foundation – 12 July 1982
- Headquarters – Mumbai
- Chairman – Govinda Rajulu Chintala