FM announced Rs 20,000 crore for fisherman through Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY)
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman said an amount of Rs 20,000 crore will be reserved for the welfare of fishermen through the Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY).
- Sitharaman was addressing a press conference to announce the third tranche of the economic stimulus package covering agriculture, fisheries and allied activities.
- PMMSY scheme will be launched for integrated sustainable and inclusive development of marine and inland fisheries.
- Rs 9,000 crore has been reserved for the development of infrastructure in fishing harbours, cold chains as well as markets.
- The registration of the 242 shrimp hatcheries and rearing hatcheries have been extended for the next three months while marine capture fisheries and aquaculture has been relaxed to cover inland fish farming.
- The scheme is expected to help with providing employment to over 55 lakh people and increase production to 70 lakh tonnes over the next five years.
- This is also expected to result in exports doubling to Rs 1 crore.
- 11,000 crore rupees will be earmarked for activities in marine, inland fisheries and aquaculture.
- Cage Culture, Seaweed farming, Ornamental Fisheries as well as new fishing vessels, Traceability, Laboratory Network etc. will be key activities.
- Provisions of ban period support to fishermen (during the period fishing is not permitted), personal & boat insurance.
जीके और दैनिक करेंट अफेयर्स अपडेट हिंदी में प्राप्त करें – क्लिक करें