E-Sanjeevni teleconsultation, supply of HCQ and others
- The many steps taken by the Government to contain the spread of the coronavirus, facilitate the process of testing, diagnosis, and treatment, and take measures to ensure the safety of the frontline workers like healthcare professionals.
- The Government has already announced a package of Rs 15,000 crores.
- Out of which Rs 4113 crores have been released to the states.
- 3750 crores have been allocated to essential items.
- Rs 550 crores has been allocated for testing kits and labs
- Insurance cover of Rs 50 lakh per person for health professionals under Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana.
- Giving a boost to digital India, E-Sanjeevni Tele-consultation services were rolled out, to help people with consultations while practicing social distancing.
- Capacity building using virtual learning modules like the iGOT platform and most importantly, the Arogya Setu app for self-assessment of COVID-19 symptoms, and contact tracing were introduced.
- To protect healthcare workers, the Epidemic Diseases Act was modified, and taking forward the message of self-reliance given by PM Modi, more than 300 domestic manufacturers of PPEs were established within the country, which initially stood at zero.
- More than 50 lakhs PPEs, 87 lakhs N95 masks, and 11.08 crore Hydroxychloroquine tablets were produced and supplied to contain the spread of the virus, and facilitate the healthcare system.
जीके और दैनिक करेंट अफेयर्स अपडेट हिंदी में प्राप्त करें – क्लिक करें