Centre Approves Modified Project Report Of Ujh Dam In Jammu And Kashmir
- The centre has given approval to a modified detailed project report (DPR) of the Ujh Multipurpose Project (MPP) in Jammu and Kashmir at an estimated cost of Rs 9,167 crore.
- The Central Advisory Committee for consideration of techno-economic viability of major and medium irrigation, flood control and multipurpose project proposals accepted the project proposal subject to certain conditions.
- The modified Ujh MPP is located on river Ujh, one of the main tributaries of river Ravi, in Kathua district of Jammu and Kashmir.
- A 116.00 m high dam is proposed at the river with full reservoir level (FRL) at 608 m.
- The proposed dam site is Barbari village about 1.6 km downstream of Panchtirthi. The powerhouse site is approximately 9.5 km downstream of the dam site near Deoli village.
- The advisory committee of Department of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation approved the modified DPR of the MPP project at a meeting chaired by Union Secretary UP Singh recently.
- The DPR of Ujh MPP was initially prepared by the Indus Basin Organisation of the Central Water Commission in 2013.
- The Ministry of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation was the apex body for formulation and administration of rules and regulations relating to the development and regulation of the water resources in India.
- In May 2019, this ministry was merged with Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation to form the Ministry of Jal Shakti.
- Formed – September 1985
- Headquarter – New Delhi
- Minister – Gajendra Singh Shekhawat
- Deputy Minister – Rattan Lal Kataria
जीके और दैनिक करेंट अफेयर्स अपडेट हिंदी में प्राप्त करें – क्लिक करें