Zomato elevates food-delivery CEO Mohit Gupta as Founder
- Food ordering platform Zomato has elevated Mohit Gupta, the CEO of its food delivery business by making him a co-founder.
- Deepinder Goyal, cofounder and chief executive of Zomato, said: “While the foundation of Zomato was built before Mohit Gupta joined us, he has been instrumental in significantly strengthening it over the last two years…When I introduced the Founders Programme a little over a year ago, I outlined a few qualities that all founders must exhibit.
- Gupta had joined Zomato in 2018, from online travel portal MakeMyTrip where he was serving as the chief operating officer.
- “MG (Mohit Gupta) is very committed towards building Zomato for the long term, and has extremely high levels of ownership – so much so that he has taken a 100% salary cut twice in the last two years to help the organisation wade through some hard times,” Goyal wrote in his email.
- Last year, Gaurav Gupta, COO of Zomato, was also given the title of co-founder. In all, the Ant Financial-backed firm now has four cofounders— Goyal, Gunjan Patidar, Guarav Gupta and now Mohit Gupta.
- Pankaj Chaddah, who started Zomato with Goyal and Patidar had quit the company after a 10-year stint in March 2018 and has now started a mental fitness startup Mindhouse.
- Zomato is an Indian restaurant aggregator and food delivery start up founded by Deepinder Goyal and Pankaj Chaddah in 2008. Zomato provides information, menus and user-reviews of restaurants, and also has food delivery options from partner restaurants in select cities.
- Founded – 2008
- Headquarters– Gurugram, Haryana.
- Founders– Deepinder Goyal and Pankaj Chaddah.
जीके और दैनिक करेंट अफेयर्स अपडेट हिंदी में प्राप्त करें – क्लिक करें