World Music Day 2020 – Date, History, Significance
- It’s very challenging to truly describe music in words. But in the most basic terms, music can be described as an art form and cultural activity, whose medium is sound.
- Author Victor Hugo wrote that “Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent.”
- Apart from entertainment, experts have found that music alleviates the symptoms of anxiety, depression and other mood disorders. It lowers stress and helps people sleep better.
- Music servers as mediation for great musicians. Right kind of music can help people to do wonders.
- Since India is a land of diversity with varied cultures, every region which has its own unique musical form. Hence, to mark the importance of music, every year World music day is celebrated.
- The World Music Day is celebrated on June 21 to promote peace and spread goodwill through music.
- The day is also popularly referred to as Fete de la Musique, French for Make Music Day or World Music Day.
- The World Music Day celebrated on June 21 is also known as Fete de la Musique was a music festival, which began in France in 1982.
- In 1981 French Minister of Culture Jack Lang conceived the idea. Since then the day has been celebrated every year as the World Music Day.
- As per another theory, American musician Joel Cohen in France, in 1976, proposed an all-night music celebration to mark the beginning of the summer solstice and since then the entire world celebrates World Music Day on June 21.
- On this day, musicians perform for free in parks, museums, train stations, castles etc. But this year due to Coronavirus pandemic the day is likely to be celebrated mostly indoors..
- World Music Day has become a worldwide phenomenon as countries across the world rejoice in their own unique way to celebrate the day.
जीके और दैनिक करेंट अफेयर्स अपडेट हिंदी में प्राप्त करें – क्लिक करें