UPSC BOOK LIST
UPSC covers many different examination we here are only covering UPSC civil service examination. UPSC book list listed here is combination of fundamental books and reference books for the convenience of candidates.
|Books tagged as “fundamental books” will be highly useful to build your basics and are compulsory to built basics. Once you are thorough with these basic books, if you have time, you can check ‘reference books’ for additional knowledge.|
Also don’t miss the ias manuals, previous year papers. See previous papers here-
|History, art & culture|
Free resources available online on this site too for prelims and mains as well.
Study economics in simpler language and concise here.-
Economics lecture Series
|Economics lecture series- part1||Economics lecture series-part 4|
|Economics lecture series-part 2||Economics lecture series-part 5|
|Economics lecture series-part 3||Economics lecture series-part 6|
UPSC book list listed here are based on feedback from many aspirants as well as selected candidates. We will keep updating this page if any worth book or material appear in market.
- Geography books:-NCERT OF 11TH and 12th
- History Of Modern India – Bipan Chandra.
- India’s Struggle For Independence – Bipan Chandra.
- India’s Ancient Past – R.S. Sharma.
- History Of Medieval India – Satish Chandra.
- NCERT OF 6th to 12th
- Geography of India – Majid Husain.
- Oxford School Atlas – Oxford.
- Certificate Physical and Human Geography – Goh Cheng Leong.
- NCERT 11th and 12th
- Indian Economy – Ramesh Singh. (Economy)
- Economic survey
- Let’s study together economics series.
- IGNOU Notes of environment studies.
Science and tech:-
- NCERT of biology
- Current technology in news.
- Science & Technology
India year book (GOI)
C-SAT books :-
- CSAT Paper – 2 Manual by TMHor CSAT-II – Arihant
- Analytical Reasoning – M. K. Pandey
- Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning – R. S.Aggarwal
Resources available online for free (pre+mains)
- NCERT Books Download.
- India 2016
- Economics survey
- NCERT Books Online.
- Yojana Magazine.
- Kurukshetra Magazine.
- IGNOU Books Download.
- LET’S STUDY TOGETHER Study Materials.
IAS manuals and previous year question paper are available here-
- UPSC- IAS Syllabus(Preliminary and Main)
- 22 Years CSAT General Studies IAS Prelims Topic-wise Solved Papers 1995-2016
Other must read books for mains:-
- Internal security: Must for all UPSC (IAS) aspiring students
- ETHICS Integrity & Aptitude
- India’s Struggle for Independence
- Indian Art and Culture
For more details click