UP Top State in Country to Provide Employment Under MGNREGA
- Uttar Pradesh has become the top state in the country to provide employment to the workers under the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme MGNREGA. Yesterday Uttar Pradesh provided employment to more than 57 lakh workers under MGNREGA.
- According to the data released by officials, Yesterday 57 lakh 12975 workers got employment in around 57 thousand village panchayats of the state which is 18% of the total work generated under the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA) in the country.
- Officials said that the state has generated 7.93 crore man-days and the government will provide jobs to 10 lakh more workers in the coming days. The employment push from the state government under MGNREGA comes as a major positive development at a time when more than 30 lakh migrant labourers have returned from other states to UP.
- Meanwhile, Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has asked officials to conduct a detailed survey of all the industrial units and explore possibilities of employment so that migrant workers who have returned from other states can be accommodated.
Mahatma Gandhi Employment Guarantee Act 2005 (or, NREGA No 42, later renamed as the “Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act”, MGNREGA), is an Indian labour law and social security measure that aims to guarantee the ‘right to work’. This act was passed in September 2005.It aims to enhance livelihood security in rural areas by providing at least 100 days of wage employment in a financial year to every household whose adult members volunteer to do unskilled manual work
About Uttar Pradesh–
Uttar Pradesh is a state in northern India. With roughly 200 million inhabitants, it is the most populous state in India as well as the most populous country subdivision in the world.
- Capital – Lucknow
- Governor– Anandiben Mafatbhai Patel
- Chief Minister– Yogi Adityanath
जीके और दैनिक करेंट अफेयर्स अपडेट हिंदी में प्राप्त करें – क्लिक करें