Union Minister Launches “COVID BEEP” App For Coronavirus Patients
- Union Minister for Development of North Eastern Region, Dr. Jitendra Singh today said ‘awareness’ and not ‘anxiety’ is the key to fighting COVID-19. Launching COVID BEEP, India’s first indigenous, cost effective, wireless physiological parameters monitoring system for COVID-19 patients, Dr Singh said COVID BEEP is to emerge as an antidote to the original COVID.
- COVID BEEP (Continuous Oxygenation & Vital Information Detection Biomed ECIL ESIC Pod) is India’s first indigenous, cost effective, wireless physiological parameters monitoring system for COVID-19 patients, developed by ESIC Medical College Hyderabad in collaboration with IIT Hyderabad and Department Of Atomic Energy.
- Dr Singh stressed on the importance of prevention and awareness in dealing with this pandemic effectively, now that the process of unlock has started in a phased manner after an effective and timely lockdown for close to two months.
- Dr Singh Lauded the efforts of ESIC Medical College Hyderabad, which has come up with yet another innovation in collaboration with eminent institutes like IIT Hyderabad, ECIL, Hyderabad and TIFR, Hyderabad. Dr Singh said that the COVID BEEP is a perfect example of how synergy amongst the reputed institutes of India can offer solutions to most of the challenges faced by the country with minimum cost and thereby make the country Atmanirbhar in true sense.
- Dr Singh also said that COVID BEEP would emerge as an effective antidote to the original COVID; the pandemic which the entire world is currently grappling with.
- AIR Correspondent reports, the latest version of COVID BEEP has also been incorporated in the ECG monitoring. COVID BEEP will greatly reduce the transmission risk as well as help save resources like PPEs.
- Dr Singh appreciated the work of Department of Atomic Energy, under which ECIL falls, in developing solutions to many health related issues.
Employees’ State Insurance is a self-financing social security and health insurance scheme for Indian workers. The fund is managed by the Employees’ State Insurance Corporation according to rules and regulations stipulated in the ESI Act 1948.
- Founded – 24 February 1952
- Headquarters – New Delhi
- Director General– Ms. Anuradha Prasad
Electronics Corporation of India Limited is a Government of India Enterprise under the Department of Atomic Energy, established on April 11, 1967 by A. S. Rao at Hyderabad, to create a strong indigenous base in electronics.
- Founded – 11 April 1967
- Founder – A.S. Rao
- Headquarters – Hyderabad
- Chairman and Managing Director (CMD)- Rear Admiral Sanjay Chaubey (Retd.)