Union HRD Minister e-Launches seven titles on “Psycho-Social Impact of Pandemic & Lockdown and How to Cope With”
- Union HRD Minister Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’today e-Launchedprint as well as e-editions of the set ofseven titles on “Psycho-Social impact of pandemic & lockdown and how to Cope With” under the corona studies series published by NBT India.
- Union Minister said that “To counter these formidable circumstances that the world is facing these days, NBT has brought out these remarkable and unparalleled set of books, and I hope that these books serve as guides to mental well-being of people at large”, The launching ceremony was followed by an e-interactive session with the researchers/authors of NBT Study Group.
- Congratulating the National Book Trust, India for its unique efforts, Shri Nishank expressed his gratitude towards researchers as wellwho have brought together this significant material in book form for easy reading of the people.
- He said that preventive mental health is an important subject area that we all need in these difficult times to go ahead and fight as warriors against the pandemic.
- He also quoted the famous lines “Mann ke haare har hai Mann ke jeete jeet“, which means that our mind and psychological well-being decides our actions.
- The titles launched following the Study, look at the various aspects of Psycho-social impact on seven different segments of the society through personal interviews, case studies and community perceptions based on the response to the on-line questionnaire floated through the website and other social media handles of National Book Trust, India.
- The Study, which was conducted and analyzed between 27th March and 1st May 2020, finds the ‘fear of infection as the greatest source of anxiety followed by financial and domestic issues.’
- Study Group has recommended ‘strengthening of Preventive Mental Health component of the National Mental Health Programme’ as a long term strategy to prepare a resilient and well-adapted post-Corona society, along with physical health, and socio-economic adaptability. Enlivened with some beautiful illustrations, made by some of the very accomplished illustrators, the books also provide very valuable and practical tips to cope with the mental stress and anxiety that may have been caused due to the Pandemic and the Lockdown
- National Book Trust (NBT) is an Indian publishing house,It is an autonomous body under the Ministry of Education of the Government of India. NBT now functions under aegis of Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt. of India.
- India’s first Prime Minister Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru envisioned that NBT would be a bureaucracy-free structure that would publish low-cost books.
- Founded – 01 August 1957
- Headquarters – Vasant Kunj, Delhi
- President – Govind Prasad Sharma