Uday Kotak takes over from Vikram Kirloskar as the new CII President
- The Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) on Wednesday announced new office-bearers for the year 2020-21. Uday Kotak was elected as CII President and Sanjiv Bajaj assumed office as the Vice-President.
- Managing Director and CEO of Kotak Mahindra Bank, Uday Kotak, has taken over as the President of CII for 2020-21 from Vikram Kirloskar, Chairman and Managing Director of Kirloskar Systems, CII said in a press release.
- Kotak, the President-designate for the last two years, was the Chairman of CII Economic Affairs Council, Financial Sector Development Council and others.
- Sanjiv Bajaj, Chairman and Managing Director of Bajaj Finserv Limited, took over as the Vice-President of CII.
- Bajaj, an alumnus of Harvard Business School, was the Chairman of CII Western Region during 2019-20 and had led CII National Committees on Insurance and Pensions and CII Taskforce on Fintech.
- TV Narendran, CEO and Managing Director of Tata Steel Limited, replaced Kotak as the President-designate of CII for 2020-21. Mr Narendran was the Chairman of CII Eastern Region during 2016-17 and had led CII National Committees on Leadership and Human Resources.
- Narendran is an alumnus of IIM Calcutta and NIT Trichy. He was the co-chair of the Mining and Metals Governors Council of the World Economic Forum.
- He is also a member from the Indian side on BRICS Business Council and a member of the Indo-French CEO council.
- Narendran is currently the Vice-President of India Institute of Metals.
The Confederation of Indian Industry is an industry association in India. CII is a non-government, not-for-profit, industry-led and industry-managed organization.
- Founded – 1895
- Headquarters– New Delhi
- President – Uday Kotak
- Vice President- Sanjiv Bajaj
- President Designated- TV Narendran
जीके और दैनिक करेंट अफेयर्स अपडेट हिंदी में प्राप्त करें – क्लिक करें