Time of Remembrance and Reconciliation for Those who Lost their Lives during Second World War (May 8-9) (75th anniversary)
- May 8-9 are dedicated by the United Nations as the Time of Remembrance and reconciliation for those who lost their lives during the Second World War.
- The day pays tribute to all the victims of the Second World War.
- In 2020, it is the 75th Anniversary of World War II.
HISTORY AND OTHER IMPORTANT HIGHLIGHTS
- 8–9 May was declared as a time of remembrance and reconciliation by resolution 59/26 of 22 November 2004;
- May 8 is the anniversary of the date when the World War II Alliesaccepted the unconditional surrender of the armed forces of Nazi Germany and the end of Adolf Hitler’s Third Reich.
World War II (1939 to 1945)
- Countries were divided into Allies and Axis.
- The Allies won defeating axis leading to the Collapse of Nazi Germany, Fall of the Japaneseand Italian Empires.
- The major allies were the United States, Soviet Union, United Kingdom, and China.
जीके और दैनिक करेंट अफेयर्स अपडेट हिंदी में प्राप्त करें – क्लिक करें