Welcome to letsstudytogether.co, as we all know that now a day’s in All Banking Exams and other competitive exams most of the English Sections were taken from Editorial pages. So it is essential to have a sound knowledge and understanding of English vocabulary. So here we are presenting you THE HINDU Editorial With Vocab from THE HINDU newspapers. This will help you to sail and score good marks in English Language section.
Aspirants those who want to improve in English can read this THE HINDU Editorial with Vocab we will be updating daily by title THE HINDU Editorial With Vocab and make use of it.
THE HINDU Editorial With Vocab
The modern way: mental health law can be used to strengthen primary care
The government should use the new mental health law to strengthen primary care
The passage of the Mental Healthcare Bill in the Lok Sabha, putting it on course to become law and repealing the Mental Health Act of 1987, will potentially help India catch up with the advances made in the field by other countries. India urgently needs to make a transition from old-fashioned approaches to providing care for those suffering from mental illnesses, something that China, for example, has achieved through state-led policy reform. Even the sketchy studies on the nature of care available to Indians indicate that in terms of population coverage the new law faces a big challenge. The country’s grossly inadequate base of professional resources is evident from its ratio of 0.3 psychiatrists for 100,000 people (with marginally higher numbers taking independent private practitioners into account), compared to China’s 1.7. Then there are massive deficiencies in the availability of trained clinical psychologists and psychiatric social workers. Evidently, the National Mental Health Programme has not been sufficiently funded within the health budget; neither has capability been built in most States to absorb the meagre allocation. Delayed though it is, the new legislation can bring about change with its positive features. The important provisions relate to the recognition of the right to medical treatment, decriminalisation of attempted suicide, explicit acceptance of agency of people with mental illness and their freedom to choose treatments, prohibition of discrimination and regulation of establishments working in the field.
Raising effective primary and district-level coverage of mental health services for the general population, without requiring people to travel long distances to see a specialist and get medicines, should be a priority. Since the base of psychiatrists is low in relation to the need, the use of trained general practitioners as the first line of contact assumes importance. Some studies show many of them are not confident enough with their training to detect, diagnose and manage mental illnesses. With a concerted effort, primary care physicians can be trained to help people with mild and severe problems, ranging from anxiety disorders to depression, psychoses and conditions arising from alcohol and substance abuse. Being able to get professional counselling will reduce the complications arising from extreme stress, often the trigger for suicide. Extending health insurance cover is also a step forward, since out-of-pocket expenditure has risen along with the expansion of the private sector in this sphere, just as for other ailments. The provision in the new legislation prohibiting seclusion of patients, something that is frequently resorted to in asylums, and the general use of electro-convulsive therapy must be welcomed. Modern treatment approaches rely more on family and community support. The new Central and State regulatory authorities should speedily weed out shady non-governmental rehabilitation organisations in this field.
Magical Vocabulary from The Hindu Article
- Repealing (verb) खंडन करना – revoke or annul (a law or congressional act)
Synonyms- revoke, rescind, cancel, reverse, annul, nullify, declare null and void
- Inadequate (adjective) अपर्याप्त – lacking the quality or quantity required; insufficient for a purpose.
Synonyms- insufficient, deficient, poor, scant, scanty, scarce, sparse
- Evident (adjective) प्रत्यक्ष – plain or obvious; clearly seen or understood.
Synonyms- : obvious, apparent, noticeable, conspicuous, perceptible
- Deficiencies (noun) कमी – a lack or shortage.
Synonyms- insufficiency, lack, shortage, want, dearth, inadequacy, deficit, shortfall
- Absorb (verb) सोख लेना – engross the attention of (someone).
Synonyms- occupy, engross, engage
- Relate (verb)संबंधित – give an account of (a sequence of events); narrate.
Synonyms- tell, recount, narrate, report, chronicle, outline, delineate
- Recognition (noun) मान्यता – the action or process of recognizing or being recognized, in particular.
Synonyms- identification, recollection, remembrance.
- Decriminalisation – दोषपूर्णकरण
- Explicit (adjective) स्पष्ट– stated clearly and in detail, leaving no room for confusion or doubt.
Synonyms- clear, plain, straightforward, crystal clear
- Concerted (adjective) ठोस/ सम्मिलित – jointly arranged, planned, or carried out; coordinated.
Synonyms- joint, united, collaborative, collective, combined, cooperative
- Anxiety (noun) चिंता– a feeling of worry, nervousness, or unease, typically about an imminent event or something with an uncertain outcome.
Synonyms- worry, concern, apprehension, apprehensiveness,
- Complications (noun) जटिलताओं– a circumstance that complicates something; a difficulty.
Synonyms- difficulty, problem, obstacle, hurdle, stumbling block, drawback.
- Sphere (noun) क्षेत्र– a round solid figure, or its surface, with every point on its surface equidistant from its center.
Synonyms- orbit, field, domain, arena, area
- Seclusion (noun) तनहाई/ एकांत– the state of being private and away from other people.
Synonyms- isolation, solitude, retreat, privacy, retirement, withdrawa
- Rely (verb) भरोसा करें– depend on with full trust or confidence.
Synonyms- depend on, count on, bank on, place reliance on
- weed out (verb) छँटाई करना निराई करना
- Rehabilitation (noun) पुनर्वास – reclamation, renewal
- Asylums (noun) आश्रय – the protection granted by a nation to someone who has left their native country as a political refugee
Synonyms- refuge, sanctuary, shelter, safety, protection, security, immunity, a safe haven
Courtesy :- The Hindu
For more details click here
Thank you, all the best. and lets study together.