Sudhir Krishnaswamy, Vice Chancellor of National Law School of India University (NLSIU) chosen as a key member of Facebook’s oversight board
- Facebook’s new oversight board has chosen National Law School of India University (NLSIU) Vice-Chancellor Sudhir Krishnaswamyas one of its first 20 members.
- He has been chosen among the former Prime Minister of Denmark, a Nobel Laureate, non-profit organisation leaders, and journalists from all over the world.
ABOUT Mr. Krishnaswamy
- He graduated with a BA LLB from the National Law School of India University and as a Rhodes Scholar, read for a Bachelors of Civil Law and a Doctor of Philosophy (Law) from the University of Oxford.
- Krishnaswamy was the Director of the School of Policy and Governance and Professor of Law and Politics at Azim Premji University, and the Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Visiting Professor of Indian Constitutional Law at Columbia Law School.
- He has become the youngest ever Vice Chancellor of NLSIU, Banaglore.
- He is the author of the book Democracy and Constitutionalism in India, Oxford University Press 2009.
- Prof Krishnaswamy is the founder of the advocacy organisation Centre for Law and Policy Research, an advocacy organization that has substantially advanced the rights of LGBTQ+ and transgenders in India through impact litigation.
ABOUT FACEBOOK’S OVERSIGHT BOARD
- It is similar to an independent, internal court. It will review content referred to it by both users and Facebook. The main focus is to moderate content posted on social media platforms-Facebookand Instagram.
- The board comprises independent Members from around the world.
- The board is independent from Facebook, but Facebook is funding the board’s operations to the tune of $130 million.
- These members will make final and binding decisions on what content should be allowed or removed from Facebook and Instagram. These decisions will be based on respect for freedom of expression and human rights.
- The board members are from over 27 countries who speak at least 29 languages.
- The board has the right to overturn Mark Zuckerberg’s decision.
- CEO:Mark Zuckerberg
- Headquarters: Menlo Park, California, United States
- CFO:David Wehner
- Founders: Mark Zuckerberg, Andrew McCollum, Eduardo Saverin, Dustin Moskovitz, Chris Hughes
जीके और दैनिक करेंट अफेयर्स अपडेट हिंदी में प्राप्त करें – क्लिक करें