SERB Launches Accelerate Vigyan Scheme to Provide Platform For Research Internships
- The Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB) has launched a new scheme called ‘Accelerate Vigyan Scheme’ (AV Scheme) to provide a single platform for research internships, capacity building programs, and workshops across the country.
- The primary objective of this inter-ministerial scheme is to give more thrust on encouraging high-end scientific research and preparing scientific manpower, which can lead to research careers and knowledge-based economy.
- Accelerate Vigyan Scheme will initiate and strengthen mechanisms of identifying research potential, mentoring, training and hands-on workshop on a national scale. The institution is also planning to launch an app for this in the coming two months.
Features of Accelerate Vigyan Scheme-
The scheme includes two main programs – Sammohan & Abhyaas.
Sammohan (Bring Together)
- The Sammohan Program has been sub-divided into ‘Sayonjika’ and ‘Sangoshti’.
- Sayonjika is an open-ended program to catalogue the capacity building activities in science and technology supported by all government funding agencies in the country.
- Sangoshti is a pre-existing program of SERB.
Abhyaas (Skill Development)
- Abhyaas is an attempt to boost research and development in the country by enabling and grooming potential PG/PhD students by means of developing their research skills in selected areas across different disciplines or fields.
- Accelerate Vigyan Scheme has already called for applications under its Abhyaas component for the Winter Season.
- It has two components Karyashala & Vritika.
- Karyashala includes High-End Workshops.
- Vritika includes Research Internships.
- The Union government scheme will work on mission mode, particularly with respect to its component dealing with consolidation / aggregation of all major scientific events in the country. An inter-ministerial overseeing committee involving all scientific ministries / departments and a few others has been constituted to support SERB in implementing the scheme.
- The database of skilled manpower developed across different disciplines so generated and the final outcomes captured in the process through all sub-components of the scheme will serve the cause of all stakeholders in respect of capacity building in the country.
Science and Engineering Research Board is a statutory body under the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India, established by an Act of the Parliament of India in 2009.
- Founded – 2009
- Headquarters –New Delhi
- Secretary- Prof Sandeep Verma
जीके और दैनिक करेंट अफेयर्स अपडेट हिंदी में प्राप्त करें – क्लिक करें