Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh approves abolition of 9,304 posts in Military Engineering Service
- Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh has approved the proposal of Engineer-in-Chief of Military Engineering Services (MES) for optimisation of more than 9,300 posts in the basic and industrial workforce.
- This In line with the recommendations of the Committee of Experts, headed by Lt General Shekatkar.
- The Defence Minister has approved the abolition of 9,304 posts in MES out of the total 13,157 vacancies of the Basic and Industrial staff.
- It was aimed at making MES an effective organisation with a leaner workforce, well equipped to handle complex issues in the emerging scenario in an efficient and cost effective manner.
ABOUT Lt. GENERAL SHEKATKAR COMMITTEE
- The Union Ministry of Defence had constituted a Committee of Experts under Chairmanship of Lt Gen (Retd) DB Shekatkar for recommending measures to enhance the capabilities of the armed forces.
- The committee had recommended measures to enhance combat capability and rebalance defence expenditure of the Armed Forces.
- One of the recommendations made by the Committee was to restructure the civilian workforce in a manner that the work of MES could be partly done by departmentally employed staff and other works could be outsourced.
ABOUT MILITARY ENGINEERING SERVICE
- Government defense infrastructure development agency in India.
- Looks after in the engineering and construction for the Indian Armed Forces including the Indian Army, Indian Air Force, Indian Navy, Indian Ordnance Factories, DRDO and the Indian Coast Guard.
- Director General-Shri Devendra Kumar
- Founded on-26 September 1923
- Chief of Defence Staff– Bipin Rawat
- Chief of Armed Forces-General Manoj Mukund Naravane
- Chief of Air Force Staff-Rakesh Kumar Singh Bhadauria
- Chief of Naval Staff– Admiral Karambir Singh
जीके और दैनिक करेंट अफेयर्स अपडेट हिंदी में प्राप्त करें – क्लिक करें