Pranavayu Programme launched in Bengaluru, Karanataka
- Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike has launched Pranavayu programme in Bengaluru.
- The program aims to create awareness on the need to self examine the respiratory health for personal safety of the individuals from the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
- The number of positive cases of Coronavirus have been rising in Bengaluru and due to this it became highly important to identify the persons who are prone or susceptible to the deadly corona virus infection.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
- The program aims to create awareness through advertisements in media.
- It emphasises on the fact that the person can self-examine themselves for an early detection of the disease without it leading to the aggravation of the situation.
- This programme is an effort to assist people with low oxygen level in their blood to get themselves examined early before their infection becomes fatal.
- COVID-19 is the infectious disease caused by the most recently discovered corona virus.
- Corona viruses are a large family of viruses which may cause illness in animals or humans. In humans, several coronaviruses are known to cause respiratory infections ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS).
- The most recently discovered coronavirus causes coronavirus disease COVID-19.
- This new virus and disease were unknown before the outbreak began in Wuhan, China, in December 2019.
- Most people infected with the COVID-19 virus will experience mild to moderate respiratory illness and recover without requiring special treatment. Older people, and those with underlying medical problems like cardiovascular disease, diabetes, chronic respiratory disease, and cancer are more likely to develop serious illness.
KARNATAKA (STATIC INFO)
- CM-B. S. Yediyurappa
- Governor – Vajubhai Vala
- Capital -Bengaluru
जीके और दैनिक करेंट अफेयर्स अपडेट हिंदी में प्राप्त करें – क्लिक करें