PM Modi inaugurates ‘Aatma Nirbhar Uttar Pradesh Rojgar Abhiyan’
- Prime Minister Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched a 125-day campaign in Uttar Pradesh to provide employment to migrant workers and those who lost work due to coronavirus lockdown.
- PM Modi launched the Atma Nirbhar Uttar Pradesh Rojgar Abhiyan — part of the Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyaan which the PM started on June 20 across six states in India.
- As people join the event through Common Service Centres and Krishi Vigyan Kendras, PM Modi interacted with villagers from six districts during the launch.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi while virtually inaugurating the ‘Atma Nirbhar UP Rozgar Abhiyan’ (a scheme that will provide employment to 1.25 crore people) praised the Yogi Adityanath government for successfully handling the ongoing Covid-19 situation.
- This is a double engine government which has combined the welfare schemes of both central and state to provide employment to people, particularly the migrant workers. Over 30 lakh migrant workers returned to UP safely in Shramik special trains arranged by the government.
- The UP government acted very promptly in providing free ration to the poor and the migrant workers under the Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana. Those without ration cards were also benefited.
- In addition to this, about Rs 5,000 crore was also directly transferred to Jan Dhan accounts of 75 lakh poor women,” added PM Modi.
- Prime Minister Modi also said that UP is leading in the campaign to take India on the path of ‘Aatma Nirbharta’ (self-reliance). “About 60 lakh people are being given employment in MSMEs under schemes related to rural development. The other states will also get to learn a lot from ‘Aatma Nirbhar Uttar Pradesh Rojgar Abhiyan’ and will be inspired by it,” he said.
- Under the Atma Nirbhar Uttar Pradesh Rojgar Yojana, a Loan amount of more than 10600 crores has been distributed to more than 4 Lakh units. The campaign is launched in 31 districts of the state. These districts have more than 25,000 returnee migrant workers.
- Maintaining ‘Do gaz ki doori’ (physical distancing) and wearing a mask are the only medicines.
About Uttar Pradesh
Uttar Pradesh is a state in northern India. With roughly 200 million inhabitants, it is the most populous state in India as well as the most populous country subdivision in the world.
- Capital – Lucknow
- Chief Minister: Yogi Adhitya Nath
- Governor: Anandiben Patel
जीके और दैनिक करेंट अफेयर्स अपडेट हिंदी में प्राप्त करें – क्लिक करें