‘One Year of Modi 2.0-Towards A Self-Reliant India’ e-book released by Ministry of I&B
- The Modi government on Sunday released an e-booklet highlighting its key achievements during the second term in which it stated that India was among the first few countries to put in place a “comprehensive action plan” to stop the spread of coronavirus.
- The 92-page booklet ”One Year of Modi 2.0 – Towards A Self-Reliant India” has been brought out by the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting.
- Abrogation of Article 370, settlement of the Ram Temple issue, criminalisation of triple talaq, Bodo accord and the amendment to the Citizenship Act have been listed in the booklet among the key achievements during the second term of the Modi government which marked its first anniversary.
- The booklet has a separate section for the actions taken to fight the COVID-19 pandemic and deal with the economic fallout of the crisis.
- The country and the world is going through an unprecedented crisis owing to COVID-19 since the beginning of 2020, the introduction to the e-booklet said.
- Nations across the globe have gone into lockdown and people are struggling to find ways to fight the disease and its spread, the e-booklet said.
- “Even as social distancing and change of lifestyles became a new normal, India under the leadership of Prime Minister Narendra Modi is one of the first countries to put up a concerted, comprehensive action plan to stop the spread of the virus and limit the number of COVID-19 infections,”
- “It went into a mode of self-reliance and sprung into action to become ”Aatmanirbhar”. International Organisations like the WHO have praised the efforts made by the Indian government to fight the pandemic,”
- India is one of the few countries which announced a complete lockdown even when the number of the COVID-19 cases in the country were less than 500.
- “When the Corona crisis started, there was not a single PPE kit made in India. The N-95 masks were produced in small quantities in India. Today we are in a position to produce 2 lakh PPE and 2 lakh N-95 masks daily,”
- Under the leadership of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, the citizens demonstrated their full commitment in preventing the spread of COVID-19.
- Towards this direction the Prime Minister announced a Rs 20 lakh crore stimulus package, which is about 10 per cent of the GDP, in order to boost the economy and sustain the growth.
- “The government had taken several important decisions which transformed India like never before. Foremost among them being the abrogation of Article 370 and 35A, thus fulfilling the decades-old demand of the nation,” the introduction to the booklet said.
जीके और दैनिक करेंट अफेयर्स अपडेट हिंदी में प्राप्त करें – क्लिक करें