NITI Aayog Launches Behaviour Change Campaign, ‘Navigating the New Normal’
- NITI Aayog launched behaviour change campaign ‘Navigating the New Normal’ and its website to help people follow norms to contain the spread of Covid-19.
- Focusing on Covid-safe behaviour, especially wearing masks, during the ‘Unlock’ phase of the Covid-19 pandemic, the campaign has been developed under the guidance of Empowered Group 6, chaired by NITI Aayog CEO Amitabh Kant.
- “As India unlocks, one key worry is how do we encourage the public and institutions to practice Covid-safe behaviour. Until a vaccine is available, wearing masks along with practising hand hygiene and social distancing, will be important to slow down the spread of the novel coronavirus,” Kant said.
- “Empowered Group 6 and Ministry of Health wanted that we give a nudge towards desired social behaviour in which the enforcement burden shifts from the government to the citizens,” he added.
- Kant said an effort has been made to provide people with prompts and reminders along with simple, easy-to-practice ideas of designing their environment in such a manner that practising such behaviour becomes easy.
- NITI Aayog Member Dr VK Paul said “our future is dependent not on the virus but our behaviour”.
- The campaign and website were launched in partnership with Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF), Centre for Social and Behavioural Change (CSBC), Ashoka University, and the Ministries of Health and WCD.
- As many as 92,000 NGOs and civil society organisations(CSOs) working with NITI Aayog too participated in the virtual launch.
About Ministry of Health and Family Welfare-
The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare is an Indian government ministry charged with health policy in India. It is also responsible for all government programs relating to family planning in India. The Minister of Health and Family Welfare holds cabinet rank as a member of the Council of Ministers.
- Founded – 1976
- Headquarters- New Delhi
- Minister- Harsh Vardhan
- Minister of State– Faggan Singh Kulaste
About Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF)-
The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, previously the William H. Gates Foundation, is an American private foundation founded by Bill and Melinda Gates. Based in Seattle, Washington, it was launched in 2000 and is reported to be the largest private foundation in the world, holding $46.8 billion in assets.
- Founded – 2000
- Headquarters- Washington DC, United States (US)
- Co-Chair– Bill Gates & Melinda Gates
About Ministry of Women and Child Development-
The Ministry of Women and Child Development, a branch of the Government of India, is an apex body for formulation and administration of the rules and regulations and laws relating to women and child development in India.
- Founded – 30 January 2006
- Headquarters- New Delhi
- Cabinet Minister– Smriti Zubin Irani (Constituency – Amethi, Uttar Pradesh)
जीके और दैनिक करेंट अफेयर्स अपडेट हिंदी में प्राप्त करें – क्लिक करें