National Youth Day || Yuva Diwas || Swami Vivekananda Birthday
National Youth Day Theme 2021. The National Youth Day has been celebrated every year on 12 January – from 1985 it has been an indelible part of India’s tradition. Incidentally, this was also the day when Swami Vivekananda, one of the greatest social reformers, thinkers, and philosophers of India, was born. In fact, the Indian government had declared back in 1984 that Swamiji’s birthday would be celebrated as the National Youth Day. The main aim behind this is to make sure that the students across the country can be encouraged to learn about the life, the ideals and philosophy of Swami Vivekananda and apply them in their lives.
National Youth Day is performed every year in India in many Schools and Colleges with many Speeches, Presentations, Music, Yogasanas, Youth Conventions and much more. It is used to provide the knowledge of the true heroes of India like Mahatma Gandhiji, Swami Vivekanand, Dr. Babsaheb Ambedkar and much more.
National Youth Day 12 January 2021
The objective of organizing NYF is to provide a platform to bring the youth of the country together in an attempt to provide them the opportunity to showcase their talents in various activities. National Youth Festival (NYF) is the biggest Youth Festival of its kind in the Country. This is the 22nd National Youth Festival. The 1st National Youth Festival was held in 1995 in Bhopal.
The importance of National Youth Day
It is expected that by celebrating the National Youth Day the youth of India could be inspired sufficiently to set sail on a journey that would ultimately lead them to succeed in life. The philosophy, ideas, and teachings of Swami Vivekananda can justifiably be called national assets from traditional and cultural points of view. At the same time, the youth are the future of our country. It is they who are supposed to take our country forward in the days to come. This is the reason why they have to be inspired to act and think in a positive manner and perhaps the best way to do that is through the teachings of Swami Vivekananda.
National Youth Day Theme
- The theme of 2011 was “Sabse Pehle Bharat”.
- The theme of 2012 was “Celebrating Diversity In Unity”.
- The theme of 2013 was “Awakening The Youth Power”.
- The theme of 2014 was “Youth For Drugs Free World”.
- The theme of 2015 was “Youngmanch” and “Youth for Clean, Green and Progressive India” (and slogan was “hum se hai nayi shuruaat”).
- The theme of 2016 was “Indian Youth for Development, Skill and Harmony”.
- The theme of 2017 was “Youth for Digital India”.
- The theme of 2018 ‘Sankalp Se Siddhi’
- The theme of 2019 -“Transforming education”
- The theme of 2020 – “Channelizing Youth Power for Nation Building”
- The theme of 2021 – “YUVAAH – Utsah Naye Bharat Ka”
On National Youth Day, teachers impart knowledge on Swami Vivekananda’s life and ideals. The festival is celebrated with great fervor at the various units of the Ramakrishna Mission as well as Ramakrishna Math. A number of NGOs (non-governmental organizations) in India observe the festival as well.
About Swami Vivekanand
National Youth Day Quotes
- “Choose the highest ideal and live your life upto that. Look at the “ocean” and not at the wave”. – Swami Vivekananda
- “A few heart-whole, sincere, and energetic men and women can do more in a year than a mob in a century”. – Swami Vivekananda
- “Religion is the manifestation of the Divinity already in man”. – Swami Vivekananda
- “Struggle hard to get money, but don’t get attached to it”. – Swami Vivekananda
- “He who sees Shiva in the poor, in the weak, and in the diseased, really worships Shiva”. – Swami Vivekananda
- “Each soul is potentially divine”. – Swami Vivekananda
- “Talk to yourself once in a day…Otherwise you may miss meeting an EXCELLENT person in this World”. – Swami Vivekananda
- “My faith is in the younger generation, the modern generation, out of them will come my workers!”. – Swami Vivekananda
- “Work, work, work – let this be your motto”. – Swami Vivekananda
- “The earth is enjoyed by heroes—this is the unfailing truth. Be a hero. Always say, “I have no fear””. – Swami Vivekananda
- “Feel that you are great and you become great”. – Swami Vivekananda
- “My hope of the future lies in the youths of character, intelligent, renouncing all for the service of others, and obedient – good to themselves and the country at large”. – Swami Vivekananda
Current Affairs PDF 2020-21 – Download Ebooks
Try Attempt Daily Current affairs 2021 Quizzes on the latest current affairs questions and answers, this Daily Current Affairs 2021 resource yields the facts about the events of International Current affairs, National, Sports, Business, Banking Current Affairs 2021, and more which are Important for competitive exams as well as interviews.