National Youth Day || Yuva Diwas || Swami Vivekananda Birthday
National Youth Day Theme 2019. The National Youth Day has been celebrated every year on 12 January – from 1985 it has been an indelible part of India’s tradition. Incidentally, this was also the day when Swami Vivekananda, one of the greatest social reformers, thinkers, and philosophers of India, was born. In fact, the Indian government had declared back in 1984 that Swamiji’s birthday would be celebrated as the National Youth Day. The main aim behind this is to make sure that the students across the country can be encouraged to learn about the life, the ideals and philosophy of Swami Vivekananda and apply them in their lives.
National Youth Day is performed every year in India in many Schools and Colleges with many Speeches, Presentations, Music, Yogasanas, Youth Conventions and much more. It is used to provide the knowledge of the true heroes of India like Mahatma Gandhiji, Swami Vivekanand, Dr. Babsaheb Ambedkar and much more.
The Festival is organized by Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports, Govt. of India in collaboration with State Govt. of Uttar Pradesh at Gautam Buddha University, Gautam Budh Nagar, Greater Noida from 12th to 16th January 2018.This is the first time that the National Youth Festival is being organized in NCR. The objective of organizing NYF is to provide a platform to bring the youth of the country together in an attempt to provide them the opportunity to showcase their talents in various activities. National Youth Festival (NYF) is the biggest Youth Festival of its kind in the Country. This is the 22nd National Youth Festival. The 1st National Youth Festival was held in 1995 in Bhopal.
The importance of National Youth Day
It is expected that by celebrating the National Youth Day the youth of India could be inspired sufficiently to set sail on a journey that would ultimately lead them to succeed in life. The philosophy, ideas, and teachings of Swami Vivekananda can justifiably be called national assets from traditional and cultural points of view. At the same time, the youth are the future of our country. It is them who are supposed to take our country forward in the days to come. This is the reason why they have to be inspired to act and think in a positive manner and perhaps the best way to do that is through the teachings of Swami Vivekananda.
National Youth Day Theme
- The theme of 2011 was “Sabse Pehle Bharat”.
- The theme of 2012 was “Celebrating Diversity In Unity”.
- The theme of 2013 was “Awakening The Youth Power”.
- The theme of 2014 was “Youth For Drugs Free World”.
- The theme of 2015 was “Youngmanch” and “Youth for Clean, Green and Progressive India” (and slogan was “hum se hai nayi shuruaat”).
- The theme of 2016 was “Indian Youth for Development, Skill and Harmony”.
- The theme of 2017 was “Youth for Digital India”.
- The theme of 2018 ‘Sankalp Se Siddhi’
- The theme of 2019 –
On National Youth Day, teachers impart knowledge on Swami Vivekananda’s life and ideals. The festival is celebrated with great fervor at the various units of the Ramakrishna Mission as well as Ramakrishna Math. A number of NGOs (non-governmental organizations) in India observe the festival as well.
About Swami Vivekanand
National Youth Day Quotes
- “Choose the highest ideal and live your life upto that. Look at the “ocean” and not at the wave”. – Swami Vivekananda
- “A few heart-whole, sincere, and energetic men and women can do more in a year than a mob in a century”. – Swami Vivekananda
- “Religion is the manifestation of the Divinity already in man”. – Swami Vivekananda
- “Struggle hard to get money, but don’t get attached to it”. – Swami Vivekananda
- “He who sees Shiva in the poor, in the weak, and in the diseased, really worships Shiva”. – Swami Vivekananda
- “Each soul is potentially divine”. – Swami Vivekananda
- “Talk to yourself once in a day…Otherwise you may miss meeting an EXCELLENT person in this World”. – Swami Vivekananda
- “My faith is in the younger generation, the modern generation, out of them will come my workers!”. – Swami Vivekananda
- “Work, work, work – let this be your motto”. – Swami Vivekananda
- “The earth is enjoyed by heroes—this is the unfailing truth. Be a hero. Always say, “I have no fear””. – Swami Vivekananda
- “Feel that you are great and you become great”. – Swami Vivekananda
- “My hope of the future lies in the youths of character, intelligent, renouncing all for the service of others, and obedient – good to themselves and the country at large”. – Swami Vivekananda
You may also like – Download Static GK PDF-
- State Wise Static GK Study Material: Rajasthan (Royal Rajputana)
- Static GK Study Material: Andhra Pradesh | Download In PDF
- Static GK Study Material: Jammu & Kashmir | Download In PDF
- Complete List of Space Centres and Units in India
- List of Indian cities on River Banks – Download In PDF
- 480+ Important National Parks and Wildlife Sanctuaries in India Download In PDF
- Complete List of Formula One Grand Prix winners 2017-18
Download New Pattern Puzzle and Seating Arrangement Books PDF
|A Complete Book on 300 New Pattern Puzzle & Seating Arrangement in Hindi | Download PDF||200+ New Pattern Puzzle & Seating Arrangement Questions (English)| Download PDF|