National Science Day 28th February 2018
National Science Day is celebrated all over India with great enthusiasm on 28th of February every year in order to commemorate the invention of the Raman Effect in India by the Indian physicist, Sir Chandrasekhara Venkata Raman on the same day in the year 1928. For his great success in the field of science in India, Chandrasekhara Venkata Raman was awarded and honored with the Nobel Prize in the Physics in the year 1930.
National Science Day (NSD) 2018
National Science Day 2018 in India will be celebrated on 28th of February, at Wednesday. It was on February 28, 1928, that Chandrasekhara Venkata Raman made the details of his seminal discovery about the scattering of light, which came to be known as the Raman Effect and won him the Nobel Prize in physics two years hence.
Objectives of Celebrating National Science Day (NSD)
- National Science Day is being celebrated every year to widely spread a message about the significance of scientific applications in the daily life of the people.
- To display the all the activities, efforts and achievements in the field of science for human welfare.
- To discuss all the issues and implement new technologies for the development of the science.
- To give an opportunity to the scientifically minded citizens in the country.
- To encourage the people as well as popularize the Science and Technology.
Theme of National Science Day 2018
National Science Day 2018 Theme is “Science and Technology for a sustainable future.”
- Year 1999 was “Our Changing Earth”.
- Year 2000 was “Recreating Interest in Basic Science”.
- Year 2001 was “Information Technology for Science Education”.
- Year 2002 was “Wealth from Waste”.
- Year 2003 was “50 years of DNA & 25 years of IVF – The blue print of Life”.
- Year 2004 was “Encouraging Scientific Awareness in Community”.
- Year 2005 was “Celebrating Physics”.
- Year 2006 was “Nurture Nature for our future”.
- Year 2007 was “More Crop Per Drop”.
- Year 2008 was “Understanding the Planet Earth”.
- Year 2009 was “Expanding Horizons of Science”.
- Year 2010 was “Gender Equity, Science & Technology for Sustainable Development”.
- Year 2011 was “Chemistry in Daily Life”.
- Year 2012 was “Clean Energy Options and Nuclear Safety”.
- Year 2013 was “Genetically Modified Crops and Food Security”.
- Year 2014 was “Fostering Scientific Temper and Energy conservation”.
- Year 2015 was “Science for Nation Building”.
- Year 2016 was “Make in India: S&T driven innovations”.
- Year 2017 is “Science and Technology for specially abled persons”.
National Science Day
National Science Day (NSD) is celebrated every year on 28 February 2018. This year too Department of Science & Technology (DST) is organizing a function to commemorate NSD. Dr. Harsh Vardhan, Union Minister for Science & Technology (S&T), Earth Sciences (ES) and Environment, Forest and Climate Change (EFCC)will be the Chief Guestat the National event being held in Technology Bhavanand Shri Y.S. Chowdary, Minister of State for S&T and ES will preside over the function. On this occasion National Awards will also be conferred on the awardees for 2017for their outstanding contribution in communication of S&T and promoting scientific temper
NSD is celebrated on 28th February to commemorate discovery of the ‘Raman Effect’, which led to Sir C.V. Raman winning the Noble Prize. The theme of NSD-2018 is “Science and Technology for a Sustainable Future”, which has been chosen for the purpose of raising public appreciation of the scientific issues involved.
You may also like – List of Small Finance Banks with its Headquarters (HQ) | Complete Details
All Need to Know of Small Finance Banks in Hndi : Download In PDF
SBI Clerk Preparation | Related Links
|SBI Clerk Official Notification||Click Here|
|45 Days Study Plan for SBI Clerk Prelims 2018||Click Here|
SBI Clerk 2018 Exam FAQs – Everything you need to know!
|How to Solve Number Series Questions? Tips & Tricks||Click Here|
|How to Solve Quadratic Equation? Tips & Tricks||Click Here|
|How to Solve Simplification & Approximation Questions? Tips & Tricks||Click Here|
|How to Solve Simple Interest Questions? Tips & Tricks||Click Here|
|Tips & Tricks to solve Reasoning Questions in SBI Clerk 2018||Click Here|
|SBI Clerk Syllabus & New Exam Pattern 2018||Click Here|
|SBI Clerk Previous Year Cut off Marks||Click Here|
|SBI Clerk Previous Year Exam Analysis||Click Here|