Mon District Administration Conferred SKOCH Awards in Nagaland
- The District Administration, Mon has been conferred the SKOCH Awards 2020, under 3 different categories in the 65th SKOCH Summit.
- Mon district has been awarded the SKOCH Crucible Award 2020 for its initiative – Financially Inclusive Mon, SKOCH Order of Merit 2020 for its initiative – District Response to COVID-19 and SKOCH Honourable Mention 2020 for its initiative -Skill Mon Mission, informed the Extra Assistant Commissioner, Mon.
- Under Financially Inclusive Mon, the District Administration Mon focused on Mission Mode implementation of opening of bank accounts through the Indian Post Payment Bank (IPPB). It also focused on opening of new bank branches in unbanked blocks.
- To address the high unemployment rate in the District, through Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY), the District Administration in coordination with the Department of Skill Development, Employment & Entrepreneurship and the Registered Training Partners under Skill-India Mission, organized a Mega Job Fair and Mobilization Drives. The selected trainees are placed in reputed private sector companies across the country and abroad.
- In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the District Administration started a slew of measures to contain and prevent the spread of the Coronavirus while at the same time ensuring that the basic services are being delivered to the people at their doorstep.
- The public movement permit, home delivery of vegetables, banking services and water, food bank, online ePass for intra-district movement, active case search strategy and contact listing, Walk-in Sample Kiosk (WISK), NL-Sojo COVID App, Clappia App and World Help Group App are some of the innovations initiated in response to COVID-19 pandemic.
About SKOCH Award–
SKOCH Award, instituted in 2003, is the highest civilian honour in the country conferred by an independent organisation. It recognises people, projects and institutions that go the extra mile to make India a better nation.The award covers the best of effort in the area of digital, financial and social inclusion. It recognizes the best governance practice in the country and provides a platform for the rest of the country to emulate such practices, stated the press release.
- Formation– 2003
- Headquarters– Gurugram, Haryana (SKOCH Group)
- Chairman– Sameer Kochhar (SKOCH Group)
जीके और दैनिक करेंट अफेयर्स अपडेट हिंदी में प्राप्त करें – क्लिक करें