Mission Sagar launched by the Government of India
- The Government of India has launched Mission Sagar, an outreach program amidst COVID-19 situation.
- Under this, India sent Food Items, COVID related Medicines including HCQ Tablets and Special Ayurvedic Medicines with Medical Assistance Teams embarked to Maldives, Mauritius, Seychelles, Madagascar and Comoros.
- The operation is being progressed in close coordination with the Ministries of Defence and External Affairs, and other agencies of the Government of India.
- The Indian Naval Ship Kesari has been deployed under the mission.
- The ship would enter the Port of Male in Republic of Maldives, to provide them 600 tons of food provisions.
- It is in line with India’s role as the first responder in the region and builds on the excellent relations existing between these countries to battle the COVID-19 pandemic and its resultant difficulties.
- The deployment is in consonance with the Prime Ministers vision of Security and Growth for All in the Region ‘SAGAR’ and highlights the importance accorded by India to relations with her neighbouring countries and further strengthens the existing bond.
ABOUT INS KESARI
- Shardul-class tank landing ship of the Indian Navy.
- These are largeamphibious warfare vessels built at Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers
ABOUT Security and Growth for All in the Region (SAGAR) VISION
- It was a part of India’s strategic vision for the Indian Ocean and was launched in 2015.
- Under this, India would cooperate on exchange of information, building of infrastructure, coastal surveillance and strengthening mutual capabilities.
- With all these, it aims to deepen economic and security cooperation with its maritime neighbours and assist in building their maritime security capabilities.
जीके और दैनिक करेंट अफेयर्स अपडेट हिंदी में प्राप्त करें – क्लिक करें