Mansukh Mandaviya Inaugurates First-ever Virtual Healthcare and Hygiene Expo 2020 Organised by FICCI
- In a digital e-governance drive the minister of state for shipping (independent charge) and chemicals and fertilisers Mansukh Mandaviya on Monday inaugurated India’s 1st Virtual Healthcare & Hygiene EXPO 2020.
- The Expo organised by FICCI was inaugurated virtually and was attended by Anurag Sharma, MP, Jhansi and chairman, FICCI, AYUSH Committee, Sangita Reddy, President FICCI, ace badminton player PV Sindhu and Badhri Iyengar, chairman, FICCI Medical Devices forum.
- This is the first of its kind virtual exhibition in India that puts forth the new norm, wherein business will happen virtually as Digital India is now making a way forward.
- Speaking during the launch, the MoS said that an ecosystem is being built for a self-reliant India, which will help in ramping up domestic production in the Pharmaceutical Sector and Health and Hygiene Sector. “Health, hygiene and sanitation, medical textiles and devices, AYUSH and wellness sector assume greater significance in our resolute fight against the Covid-19 pandemic,” Mandaviya said.
- According to Mandaviya, various initiatives announced in this direction by the prime minister Narendra Modi since 2014 is in line with the Centre’s long term objective.
- “Ayushman Bharat scheme to cover 10 crore family for healthcare, Swatch Bharat Abhiyan, Suvidha Sanitary Napkin are all government’s wellness efforts for a the larger inclusion of the country,” Mandaviya added.
- Mandaviya also spoke about Jan Aushadhi stores which were providing quality medicines at affordable prices for everyone while reiterating about the government policy for setting up of Bulk Drug Park and Medical Device Park in India.
About Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers–
The Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers in India is the federal ministry with administrative purview over three departments namely:- Department of Chemicals and Petrochemicals Department of Fertilisers Department of Pharmaceuticals The Ministry is headed by the Minister of Chemicals and fertilisers. D. V.
- Headquarters – New Delhi
- Cabinet Minister– D. V. Sadananda Gowda
जीके और दैनिक करेंट अफेयर्स अपडेट हिंदी में प्राप्त करें – क्लिक करें